feeding dish

ineke

• HOF Member

I've been using the little feeding bowls we all seem to have but have found that not enough shrimp can access the food so recently I found some little glass coasters that work amazingly well. The flat dish allows the shrimp to all feed at the same time and as I use a feeding tube I can get the food on to the dish with no problems. A few shrimp carry the food away but generally it stays on the dish and is very easy to vacuum up when they have finished<a href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b583/ineke24/P5310001_zpsc31d1713.jpg' alt='P5310001_zpsc31d1713.jpg'>

I got mine in a cheap shop for $1.50 each. The smaller ones are great in small tanks but this works well in my bigger tanks:encouragement:

Nice find, I went the black ceramic route from Bunnings but removed them, glass seems a much better idea.

They look identical to candle holders I bought from a dollar store 4 or 5 years ago. They are a bit large but does the job. Looks fine in my opinion.

I found that if I burry the glass dish so that the top of the dish is level with the soil, then shrimps can just jump in instead of going around the glass finding a way in.

• HOF Member

it looks great when they all swarm over it of course when I wanted to take a picture they all diappeared:encouragement:

• HOF Member
I found that if I burry the glass dish so that the top of the dish is level with the soil' date=' then shrimps can just jump in instead of going around the glass finding a way in.[/quote']

I like the little ones but when you have 30 shrimp trying to climb in its a bit too small, i could put more little ones in but this works really well and I don't have any problems in the high flow tank with food blowing off as there is still a small lip:encouragement:

Great find Ineke, I found glass dishes like the small ones but they're about double the size, I've also found some square ones that fit well into corners :victorious:

I saw these the other day in a cheapie shop, was going to buy a couple but wasn't sure how it would go..

After seeing this I'll definately go get some (:

Thanks for the review Ineke :D

• HOF Member
I saw these the other day in a cheapie shop' date=' was going to buy a couple but wasn't sure how it would go..

After seeing this I'll definately go get some (:

Thanks for the review Ineke :D[/quote']

They are definitely happily accepted by the shrimp so I'm even going to see if I can get some smaller ones to go in my cubes these are a tad big.:encouragement: