missing nitrite cycle

ineke

I don't have too much experience with mischlings, but I don't think theyre anymore sensitive than crystals :encouragement:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ineke

• ninja

• torface

• Squiggle

Top Posters In This Topic

• HOF Member

Well I'm back now so will catch out the 2 crystals can't have them breeding with the others and then I'll catch a few mishlings and cross everything and hope they are ok.:encouragement:

Im sure they'll be fine :encouragement:

.. but don't blame me if theyre not :cower: lol

• HOF Member

Oh no you don't get out of it that easy!!! No all will be fine! I've already got the crystals out that was easier than I thought. Will just acclimatise them and catch the mishlings It has to be done sometime I just needed someone to tell me.:encouragement:

• HOF Member

It'sNinja I'm worried about don't want to kill off her mishlings I would have to leave the forum!!!!!

• HOF Member

No she has disregarded this thread I think she probably thinks I needs to gird my loins and just do it instead of ***** footing around or as my sister- in -law likes to say grow some balls!

I've just had a thought, have you tested the water you used to fill the tank to get a baseline colour of the water without any ammonia? Just a thought :victorious:

• HOF Member

Its the same water I use all the time for my tanks and the other tanks are 0 ammonia I had thought of that also checked the test kit with the other tanks all showed 0 ammonia. The only new thing in the equation is A) new benibachi and B) the canister. I used some noodles and sponge from established tanks plus the the new sponge it came with. I haven't opened the canister since setting it up but I'm sure nothing other than filter medium went in. I didn't rinse the canister or the new sponges, the used media came straight from the tanks to the canister. I have put 5 mishlings in tonight and hope they will be OK

• HOF Member

Strange isn't it? I have half a mind to open the canister but don't know if it will achieve anything and I wouldn't really know what to look for. Never had this happen before and Murphy 's law it had to be my " special" tank . Never mind these things are sent to try us. I also thought maybe it was the tank but that was my lucky tank with the cherries they bred really well in there so can't be anything to do with that tank.