TB program = DEAD

honcho

Bad news guys..

I bought some hydroge peroxide yesterday to kill some BBA and i went a little (ALOT) crazy with it...

It started bubling everywhere like crazy, shrimp ran around like crazy..i dosed at 4pm last night and this morning at 7pm it was still bubbling out the substrate..water cloudy , dead shrimpies all over..!

2 WR dead, 1 juvie,1 sub adult

1 kk dead sub adult

6 huge mischling mammas dead

About 60 mischling juvies dead

5 black pandas some shadow dying infront of my face....

Some wild colour cherry

And some rilli blue gene

Sooooo soooooo sad:sorrow:

With my remaining tb's and mischlings i quickly scooped out of tank and threw into my crs/cbs tank until i can sort it out...

Some dont look so good but some look ok. Only time will tell.

Soooo freakin devastated !!!!!!!

Question: wats the correct dose to use that nasty stuff...????

Maybe it may help someone else out

Sorry to hear mate! Chin up! Come over sometime and we'll have a few (or a lot) of drinks and I'll tell you some of my stories.

What doesn't break us make us stronger!

OMG dude, that' that's horrible news! :dejection: I hope the ones you saved survive, keep us updated on your progress :encouragement:

My condolences, that sucks! Hopefully the remainder will be alright and you can recover. Its absolutely devastating when those things

happen. Glad you may have saved some, just let them sit it out and see what happens.

Can I ask what the Ph was of the tank beforehand? Hydrogen Peroxide aka H2O2 is pretty strong stuff hence I'd always suggest using

a 4.9% solution and with the use of an eye dropper. Normally I'd only apply a small volume, 10 - 20ml directly to the BBA itself. It sounds

like you pretty much had an explosive type reaction and the Ph will now have become a lot more acidic as well. If the plants are okay

then I'd suggest a lot of water changes and let it then re-cycle, there isn't much else you can do with it until then I'm afraid :-(

Didnt check ph.. the h202 was 50% ottoa died in a matter of minutes , and some plants look to be wiltering away today...

Baaaad baaaad stuff...!

Also... thanx everyone ...

Gonna have to set tank up again , as it was eating away at my gravel... thats how much i used...!

Smeg! Oh that sucks mate, really sorry to hear that. If I can help in anyway towards your restart just ask, I always have a few plants

and bits spare.

Cheers dude..

much appreciated, but i should be right..

Its just gonna be about setting up a new one when i get over the kaos..

Sorry to hear about your losses, happens to all of us some time or another. Lesson learnt! keep chemicals away unless in an emergency, use very carefully. stop fiddling with your tank.

regards

Wayne

• HOF Member

Sorry for your loss. It's a lesson learnt for all of us check the dosage and check again. It's so easy to just put it in and hope for the best . Hope the others survive:encouragement:

What everyone else has said mate ... keep your chin up and good luck with the survivors.

So sorry to hear, I always try to take the plants/mosses out then spot dose them in a seperate container. If I can't take them out, then I would spot dose one plant/moss per day to be safe.

I would never use this stuff again

i wiped out a whole tank of cherrys with H202

What do you think is used in the Oxydator? Its H2O2 but in a food grade level of 4.9%, its the 50% by solution thats the killer. The stuff

is okay to use in moderation, thats the key.

That really sucks... Its always sad when something like this happens from a tiny little error.. Such fragile little creatures we all love and care for.

I have dosed up to 30 ml of 3% with no issues in a 60L tank.

I cant count the number of times I have dosed and never once had an issue.

Edit: posted it at at work on my phone and it deleted 1/2 of it

man that sux balls!!! that was a impressive list of shrimp u had there. cant be too careful ay..

i guess u gotta determine whats less harmful to u and ur program... algae in the tank or dead TB's?

i was crushed after i read this.

good luck with the aftermath. hope all goes well with the survivors.. atleast u now know these guys are the toughies of the pack :)

OMG! Honcho! Dude you must have balls as big as Deans to be doing crap like that! So sorry to hear dude....Honestly dude I really feel for you, this must be the most tragic post I have read since I have joined SKF!

What do you think is used in the Oxydator? Its H2O2 but in a food grade level of 4.9%' date=' its the 50% by solution thats the killer. The stuff

is okay to use in moderation, thats the key.[/quote']

As long as it is diluted properly and used correctly at the right dose...

Not huge balls chi, just a lack of brain cells...

I have done some silly stuff , but thiis was just pure dumb :cower:

Bummer dude :(

Why do we always have to learn lessons the hardest way? :(

im guessing you used oxy plus?? that crap is potent!! put a drop on your hand and see what happens...

i doubt ph would have had anything to do with it, poor lil buggers would have been acided-ed to death.

(sorry to rub it in bro but ouch)