What's the deal with the red eyes?

Squiggle

• HOF Member

Get with it man even I knew that one!:encouragement:

I definitely do but I think I'll get this rack up & running first. Although I have already started planning the next one, hahaha :victorious:

image-74_zpse74b5eef.jpg

Red Eyes are not so common in shrimp where Snow White have been (crossed in)' date= and they are found in Japan, if you check the photos on the blogs. For me it is a hint that Snow White do NOT come from Red Bee / Black Bee, but are some kind of hybrid either to what we nowadays still call Tiger, or even another caridina as serrata. Look at this red serrata

imkes_shrimp_collection_19.jpg

Thanks Imke, that's very interesting, I see what you mean as the Serrata eyes are very close in colour to the red eyed golden bee that I have :encouragement:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Squiggle, does this shrimp still have red eyes?

When you posted this I was at work, but I was POSITIVE that a GB mischling I have had red eyes too. But when I went to take a photo the eyes were black! Maybe I imagined it, but maybe they changed as it grew up?

I'll have to have a look tonight & see if I can get another shot, I've also been trying to find my white rilli, I thought I saw him/her diving into one of the tubes when I walked in last night but I lost him/her in the dark :victorious:

Nice pic dude, red eyed white rili looks very cool :encouragement:

I got another pic of the "Golden Devil Bee" :encouragement:

image_zpsfe52676c.jpg

About yhe red eyes, I got many in my tank from ss,sss and golden/snow white.

To me, the main reason might because ur light angle when u see them. Whenever I see them with the specific angle, all of their eyes are red. Correct me if I am worng :victorious:

will take some photo tmr :)

Probably, the two pics I've posted are from different angles, side on & 45deg to the front, I'll have to try & get a head on shot but they re the same from every angle for me :encouragement: