Seed Shrimp

Naraic

Seed shrimp generally do not bother me, as far as I am aware they are no cause of disease or stress or really anything apart from multipling in a tank like buggery if there are no predators.

Enter my nice little bedside table planted tank with nothing but the best of my best RCS (getting some very nice males!). Of course I wou prefer not to use any little predatory fish like micro rasbora as they could also also predate my shrimplets.

Has anybody found a way to remove them apart from the tried and tested method outlined above?

Ciaran

The only thing that I have noticed reduces them over time is reduced feeding. Apart from that, you can try a planaria trap on them, but I found that to be fairly ineffective on larger tanks.

Why do you want to get rid of them? they cause no harm and are a good indicator that your tank is in a very good condition, they also help clean up junk from below the surface of your substrate where your shrimp can't get to.

Wayne

They just look unsightly. Like Planaria and other micros that like to cruse the glass, biologically I have no qualms with them but for a display type aquarium I would rather not see them.

Thanks Heavy I will scale back the feeding and see how that goes.

• 1 month later...
Why do you want to get rid of them? they cause no harm and are a good indicator that your tank is in a very good condition' date=' they also help clean up junk from below the surface of your substrate where your shrimp can't get to.

Wayne[/quote']

Thank you for the info :-)