Sign in to follow this  
southsideshrimp

Hi every1

southsideshrimp

Im from south brisbane and i am into rcs,crs,cbs and hope to be into alot more lol.

NoGi

Welcome to the forum. Tell us more about your setup.

Dean

Hi Southsideshrimp, welcome to the forum mate,

look forward to seeing some tanks and shrimp pics :)

Guest Benny

Welcome SSS! Which part of South Brisbane are based? I used to teach at Griffith Uni :)

lachie1998

Welcome to SKF :cheerful:

please share some pics of your shrimp.

wayne6442

Hi Mate, great to see you here on the best shrimp forum in Aus

fishmosy

Welcome to the forum mate.

durro68

Hi good to see another local ....

Drop me a PM if you want to get together sometime and talk shrimp!

I live on Mt Nebo but keep most of my shrimp at work in Tennyson so not far from you!

durro68
Welcome SSS! Which part of South Brisbane are based? I used to teach at Griffith Uni :)

Benny what and when at Griffith Uni .... I studdied there in the late 80's and early 90's ... Microbiology.

Triggs

Welcome to the forum mate.

Hope to see pictures of your tanks and shrimps soon!

Guest Benny
Benny what and when at Griffith Uni .... I studdied there in the late 80's and early 90's ... Microbiology.

I was a design student then a part-time lecturer at QCA part of Griffiths mid to late 90s to mid 2000s. Move to QUT for my MBA :)

southsideshrimp

hey all thanks for the friendly welcome :) will try post some pics soon :)

southsideshrimp

how do u upload pics as mine are to large ?

Loach

Photobucket or Flickr. I reccomend photobucket for hosting your images and post the [img/] link onto here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Join Our Community!

Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

• Crabclaw
      Oh no it’s magnetic... could be a problem with my magnet cleaner. Although, depending on the attraction I could just use the mag cleaner for the top 3/4 of the tank and get a scraper or something for the bottom.
    • Crabclaw
      Ooh I just found a sand that looks almost perfect, it even comes in the right package size for my tank. https://www.aquaticsupplies.com.au/products/pisces-iron-sand It’s another Pisces & Oliver Knott creation; AquaIron. Says it doesn’t alter the KH/GH/pH/TDS etc. Only problem is it says it should not be added to established tanks due to... cloudiness?? What do u think about this one?  Thanks again for your guys’ help!
    • jayc
      I was hoping it wasn't the pisces brand. Oh well, cross that off my recommended list. Are you willing to try AquaLava by Oliver Knott? I know it's not cheap.   Maybe. Got a link or something to where you would buy this? Without going into a whole Geology session, it depends on what the composition of the volcanic sand was.  We get a lot of our Scoria from NZ, that is generally inert.      If you want to go with sand, generally, your choice is Bunnings play sand. However, since sand can be sourced from any quarry anywhere in Australia, there is no guarantee it is inert. You can only buy it and then test for changes to the water parameter.
    • Crabclaw
      Hey guys, just found an add for this website showcasing a cool-lookin native algae eating shrimp. https://algaeeatingshrimp.com.au/products/australian-algae-eating-shrimp Anyone heard of these before or own any? My interest was peaked by the claim that they eat hair-type algae, as I have some on my crypts and lace fern that I cannot remove. And for a price of $4 ea, and super easy parameters, they sound pretty doable!  Tell me more oh great SKFians! 😁 (or feel free to point me towards an already existing page) post-note: have you/do you keep these grubs? Seems like your sort of thing.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      Agreed! I had a tank with this setup but it came with the sponge behind the slits. Try not to get too fine sponge as that will restrict the flow and block too quickly. You will need to keep clearing the sponge every now and again as well! Simon