Disaster in my red tank!

torface

I'm not having a particularly good break when it comes to shrimp. First the mischling escape debarcle, then Peter Parker's suicide, then a jumpy DRNS jumping onto the floor during the transfer to the rack (it died too), now this!

I was so preoccupied with my rack and big tank, I failed to pay any attention to my little red cherry tank. Then today i noticed the wild type cherries that stowed away in the rack were all dead in the breeder box. Then i noticed a dead DRNS and another dead red cherry.... turns out the filter stopped working and i hadnt noticed :( it was also crawling with Planaria... i dont know where they came from. I swear they werent there 2 days ago and then there were hundreds!!!

My god did it stink... yuk! So I spent most of today transferring the surviving ones to a different tank and closing that little tank down.

It was all going so well, i'm hoping this break was a one off!!!

My condolences mate, if you need a few reds to jump start let me know, I have a few we can spare

Thanks Kiwi, but i still have heaps left :)

Just a bit of a shocker to have such a mass death :(

Even though i've been debating giving these guys away for ages now, i'm still so attached to them!!

• HOF Member

Oh what a bumma not good!!!! Hopefully you will start having good luck now.

Your poor shrimp! :( Hope your tank makes a quick recovery

Wow Tor, what a crazy couple of days, I'm sorry to hear about all your losses. Feel free to give us a call if you need a hand with anything :encouragement:

Thanks Squiggle! I think it's all under control now :)

All the shrimps are in the rack now and its going well. Back to work tomorrow so hopefully no disasters while I'm away!!

Awesome, good luck & keep us informed of your progress :encouragement:

Thanks Squiggle! I think it's all under control now :)

All the shrimps are in the rack now and its going well. Back to work tomorrow so hopefully no disasters while I'm away!!

Sorry for ur losses torface!!

Its gotta be pretty nerve racking having to be away at work just days after mass death and apparent equiptment failures!!

Finger crossed for ya!