Safe removal of snails without harming shrimp

bailey88

I have snails in my tank that I wish to be gone what's the quickest and safest way to remove them from my shrimp infested tank

Squish, Squash, and be gone!!! Takes time but the only safe way.

You need to have someone like my wife, she hates snails. I recently purchased some plants from a store, took all the usual precautions, but a week later had a snail explosion in one of my tanks. My wife sat there for hours with tweezer catching every snail.

You need to have someone like my wife' date=' she hates snails. I recently purchased some plants from a store, took all the usual precautions, but a week later had a snail explosion in one of my tanks. My wife sat there for hours with tweezer catching every snail.[/quote']

Dam Brekirk, where can I get one of those? Mine complains about the snails, but would never do anything to help.

You can sing my snail song while you remove them all? Passes the time, it goes.

"The snails are disappearing one by one, hooorah hooorah, the snails are disappearing one by one hoorah hoorah, And if I find another one after I'm done I'm gonna crush that sucker with my gloves hoorah hooooooraaaaaaaaaaah"

Dam Brekirk' date=' where can I get one of those? Mine complains about the snails, but would never do anything to help.[/quote']

Maybe this is an opportunity for a new business.

Maybe this is an opportunity for a new business.

The opportunity to become the most frustrated person on earth! haha

• 1 year later...

Yeah, when I get too many I chuck some food and they crowd on it. Shrimp do to but most will let go by the time you get the food out of the water. I find they crowd on mulberry leaves a bit earlier than shrimp do (probably eating it before it is soft enough) then you can brush them off and reuse the leaf. :P

• Like 1