Peter Parker suicide :(

torface

• HOF Member

I can't seem to completely get them out of my tanks , they just keep breeding and the babies are too hard to catch BUT this time I emptied every thing out of the tank and they are all in the esky fingers crossed ive got all the little blighters:encouragement:

Coming into winter they'll slow down dramatically if its cold enough.. I dont keep mine with a heater for population control purposes.. otherwise their non stop as I have 80+ saddled/berried girls. I have my reds in their own 2ft so I dont mind if numbers drop or tapper off.. not that they ever do. Hope that helps :)

In short the contraception is cold weather I think. But dont go below the 17-18°c ..depending on where u live u might need a heater for winters peak.. then take out again come spring.

• HOF Member

We get DAMN cold here and my house has always been like a fridge in winter so heaters are a must. I am keeping a few of the best colours and then putting the rest with the culls in the fish tank!!!! Not the tiny babies though I'm not that mean they need a fighting chance!!!:encouragement:

To slow them down dramatically only put ur temp heater on 18.. they wont die but they wont really breed although the odd still might but her berried period lengthens

• HOF Member

Damn this thread has been hijacked again SORRY I really don't mean to take over it just happens:o