Peter Parker suicide :(

torface

So the spiderman shrimp did a spiderman and crawled out of the tank. I found him crispy behind the tank this morning :(

Mysteriously though his body has disappeared... Maybe it's like the end of one of those movies where you think the hero is dead, but he's just on holiday...

But, where there is death there is life and i have a momma blue ready to pop :)

RIP Peter Parker!

post-482-139909851683_thumb.jpg

post-1938-139909860537_thumb.jpg

that sux... it happened to my first ss i bought once.. his body stayed intact though and i kept him until i bought more shrimp.. then showed the new shrimp the dead shrimp and then fed it to my gold head comp. like when u kill a roach.. sometimes u just gotta leave it there to send the other a msg! :P

needless to say no more suicide shrimp! :)

...maybe i watched the Godfather 1 too many times

• HOF Member

Oh NO!!! Poor Peter Parker RIP. Sorry for your loss I'm afraid we have all been there and isn't it always the special ones BUMMA:sorrow:

I know, my other half is devastated cos he'd claimed him as his own!

I was a bit worried that i'd lost my girls too (out of the 10 pack i bought + a couple of extras I only got 3 girls) I couldn't find them this morning.But luckily they were just well hidden :encouragement:

• HOF Member

It's amazing how they can hide!!!!:encouragement:

Brutal, is that like finding a horse head in your bed? Spewing about the loss, I know you must be gutted :dejection:

OH NOOOO! Not the spider shrimp!

I know how you feel....one of my new endlers commited suicide too! :( Stupid little thing!

Brutal' date=' is that like finding a horse head in your bed? Spewing about the loss, I know you must be gutted :dejection:[/quote']

we all know the msg behind a horse head in the bed.. but what does a shrimp head on the floor mean :p

besides the mob humour to solve the prob is very easy.. reduce ur water by another 3-4 cms. heres the lesson i learnt.. the shrimp that i did find dead had it coming a long time. many times i saw him cruising on the glass of the tank completely out of the water.. i never thought he'd make it all the way to the top (water was 5cm bellow rim). now my tanks without rim are 10cm from top. no deaths. but i had to learn the hard way.. not to say that my mob tactics didnt also work :p

yeah like ineke said it always the better ones... i had a cherry tank full 3-4cm bellow the rim never one death.. never seen any of them even ATTEMPT climbing out of the tank.. 2 weeks with my first crystal and it was shrimp suicide.. crazy thing is i have shelving behind the tank.. kinda like an amateur rack.. so he fell from the tank to the shelf.. 450mm drop.. but then i found him on the floor.. another 600mm drop.. did he jump or was he pushed? 'they' definitely wanted the job done properly ;)

LOL shrimpstan!

Unfortunately this is a nano tank with built in filter so it wasn't possible to have the water level that low. But the shrimps have been moved out now, so hopefully it wont happen again :)

• HOF Member
LOL shrimpstan!

Unfortunately this is a nano tank with built in filter so it wasn't possible to have the water level that low. But the shrimps have been moved out now' date=' so hopefully it wont happen again :)[/quote']

That's the tank I'm having my problems with -water too low it sucks air water at right level shrimp keep getting in sump or climb out!!!:encouragement:

This one has a grate at the top and only a tiny hole lower down, so if the water is too low, water doesn't enter the "sump" at all. Useless shrimp tank!!!

It's now defunct though and will be retired back to it's box and used for emergencies only.

I've been doing a you today, Ineke, moving all my shrimps around lol

Thought i would share a picture of one of my momma blues. Look at the little shrimpy eyes!!!

IMG_04521_zps655236fa.jpg

Oh wow, that's amazing! You can nearly count how many shrimplets are in there. Shouldn't be long now!:encouragement:

I'm really hoping she'll have them before I go back to work on Sunday!!

• HOF Member
This one has a grate at the top and only a tiny hole lower down' date=' so if the water is too low, water doesn't enter the "sump" at all. Useless shrimp tank!!!

It's now defunct though and will be retired back to it's box and used for emergencies only.

I've been doing a you today, Ineke, moving all my shrimps around lol[/quote']

Yes pretty much like mine. I'm seriously thinking about taking the sump area out I think I can slice through the silicone and use a different filter for it. Then it will be an ideal selective breeding tank -I've got two so it should work out ok.

• HOF Member

I've been doing a you today, Ineke, moving all my shrimps around lol

DONT TELL BOB.

I'm only moving ! lot of shrimp at the moment just to get the tank divided then I have to wait until the new filter cycles before I can move anyone . I also have to wait until all Mums have had their shrimp.

LOL ineke, the whole time i've been on this forum it seem like you've been moving shrimp! :P

• HOF Member
LOL ineke' date=' the whole time i've been on this forum it seem like you've been moving shrimp! :P[/quote']

I know but I've now organised the tanks so once the 30 " has cycled and the shrimp are sorted that should be the end of it. I was given a few unexpected surprises and had to rearrange the shrimp but my cubes are an on going saga and hopefully in the end they will become the selective breeding tanks (when I can finally sex the crystals) I don't actually enjoy having to move the shrimp despite what it looks like. Its trying to keep the different cherries apart and then some shrimp I have that I shouldn't breed from that is causing the problem and the darn Red Cherries I gave away close to 200 of the little dears and now I think I have another 50 -60 of them- is there a contraceptive pill for RCS???

I AM going to put all but a few of the absolute best into my fish tank when I plant that out next week to give them at least a chance to live. So if everything works out the way I want I won't be touching the tanks except for top ups and water changes. Lets keep everything crossed!!!!

yeah nice work torface!! the most exciting time is when u see the eyes :)

fingers crossed!!!!!

is there a contraceptive pill for RCS???

haha!!! what a crack up!! :D