Sign in to follow this  
ineke

rinsing shrimp soil

Squiggle
So how do you clean it? How can you do it? Why didn't you warn me? LOL

Hubby already asked that but after I had finished:dejection: I guess when it needs to be done it will be an epic day of catching shrimp again!!! When I redo it how should I do it?

Lol, every one of those questions went through my head when I was made aware of the problem, the only option I can think of is to slide a piece of perspex down each side of the foam the pull the foam out & clean it, then slide it back in to place between the perspex. probably sounds a lot simpler that it will be to put into practice :victorious:

ineke

Yes it probably won't be easy but it will be a while before it clogs up too much and need cleaning. I do have a thicker black sponge coming so I may be able to put that in next to the blue one and manipulate it to take it's place- push it in next to the blue one and slide it over when the blue on is pulled out. At worst it will raise a little dust and a few shrimp might get into the wrong sides but they can be caught. Have you done yours yet?

Squiggle

Nah, you won't nee to do it for a few month. I'm not sure if that idea will work :encouragement:

ineke

Will worry about it when the time comes I guess when the flow between the 2 sides slows down. If I have to catch the shrimp out to do it so be it! I will just wait until there are no berried mamas nearly ready to drop. If I work it right I might have that new tank I will need:smiley_simmons:

Squiggle

Sounds like a plan :encouragement:

ineke

If you look at the bottom right hand side of the tanks there is a flat glass plate I am using one of these in my bigger tanks and the shrimp seem to be much happier to eat from it. They didn't seem to like getting into the smaller recommended ones. I use a feeding tube to get the food on the plate and they rush over to see what there is. I will still use the smaller ones in the cubes but really like these.They are glass coasters and great for large numbers of shrimp- not that I have that many yet.

ineke
P5240190_zps5381682d.jpg?t=1369366535P5240196_zps6c360f1b.jpg?t=1369366793Pictures of newly divided tank

P5240197_zps5bcdc095.jpg?t=1369366835

This is it Ninja

ninja

Cool Dude!

ineke

So this tank is cycling and empty and I don't know what to put in it when it's cycled. All my shrimp have been moved around and are nicely settled into their new tanks , the ones I divided the tank for are berried or have just had babies so I don't want to disturb them. I've ordered some yellow cherries but they should go in with the others so have to rethink this one:confused: