Expectant mum - we all waiting.

beginner

Hello all,

noticed this female cherry about week ago "berried" but just managed to get photo today.

We very excited to see shrimplets - but is it approx month for this to happen?

P.S

just like to mention really love this forum and all the info & comments - just as addictive as the shrimps.:encouragement:

post-3442-139909861716_thumb.jpgpost-3445-139909851599_thumb.jpg

post-2944-13990986047_thumb.jpg

post-2944-139909860474_thumb.jpg

• HOF Member

There is nothing better than a berried mum except new shrimplets. It can take up to 30 days from being berried but it also depends on your water temperature. Some say it can be as quick as 14 days if the Temperature is closer to 26 degrees my cherries were always about the 28 day mark at 23-24 degrees. just enjoy and wait don't go changing the temperature she will have them when they are ready!!! congratulations:encouragement:

Awesome work beginner, well done! :victorious: What Ineke said is correct, only thing there are drawbacks to hatching them at higher temps, it's recommended to keep your tank at 23-24, as already mentioned :encouragement:

This is good news. This means you have plenty of time to prepare your quick dance when you see your shrimplets for the first time. Some choices are moonwalk, running man, human robot or if your lazy just punch the air.

WELL DONE! Love the striped back reds (and yellows and pumpkin).

There is nothing better than a berried mum except new shrimplets.

There is too...2 Berried mum's are better! LOL! Congrats on the future shrimplets! Exciting isn't it? I know it is too late for you, hooked liked the rest of us.

Thanks all,

my current temp is 26 - so once she has them - then drop temp to & maintain in future at 23 - 24?

This is good news. This means you have plenty of time to prepare your quick dance when you see your shrimplets for the first time. Some choices are moonwalk' date=' running man, human robot or if your lazy just punch the air.[/quote']

Do you have any videos of yourself to demonstrate the specifics of the individual dance moves?

Do you have any videos of yourself to demonstrate the specifics of the individual dance moves?

I now have red face. Lol

Thanks all' date='

my current temp is 26 - so once she has them - then drop temp to & maintain in future at 23 - 24?[/quote']

Congrats beginner!

If it's just a matter of lowering the heater temp or removing the heater, lower the temp to 23-24. However, come summer don't panic if the temperatures get higher. There's no need to buy a chiller for cherry shrimp. Mine survived Townsville summer (29+) :)