Sign in to follow this  
ineke

Just found my first baby chocolate

ineke

Woohoo first baby chocolate from Deans chocolate/ blue/ black line. Looks like it might be a blue but then a few I got that were blue are now chocolate . So Rilis and chocolate this week yay:victorious:

Matmatmat

That's soo cool :) I've got three berried females.. But they are my first so I'm still playing the waiting game.. Congrats!

ineke

Thanks Matmatmat, these are my first since my Red Cherries so super exciting . The Rilis have another 4 girls to go the first only had 3 babies that I can see but they are masters at hiding. The chocolates have 1 more girl berried due later this week. Hopefully there is more than 1 baby though. Good luck with yours

OzShrimp

Congrats ineke :)

ineke

Thanks Oz hope there's more!

ninja

Well done Ineke, but now ya gotta stop vacuuming and shifting them from tank to tank, so they have a chance to grow up.

ineke

They are all where they are staying and I only use a piece of airline and a syringe to suck out the left over foods. i'm getting better!!! Only tank getting changed is the 30" just ordered some soil from Dean and will set it up properly for my second crystal tank!! The boys are going into cube 2 and the 34 litre with the rilis for now. The michlings will get the better home!!!! I'm getting ready to move on:victorious: The babies are due in a fortnight but don't know who Dad is!

ninja

30 inch could be divided like Robert did, with sponge, 15" each side is heaps mate.

Heavyd

Congrats on the shrimplet Ineke. Now quit meddling!

ninja

Lol

ninja

This is why she needs a rack Hubby?

ineke
30 inch could be divided like Robert did' date=' with sponge, 15" each side is heaps mate.[/quote']

im thinking just halving with the sponge have been trying to source the filter sponge in a big enough sheet. Now I've ordered one that I was going to use as a mezzanine in the tank but as I'm changing that tank I could use that piece to split it. TThanks Ninja I had completely forgotten about that if the sponge I ordered is thick enough to stand up I will order more and can do a three way later:encouragement:

ineke
Congrats on the shrimplet Ineke. Now quit meddling!

just my last tank to benibachi and remove a couple of plants and I'm done! Then if I feel the urge to fiddle I will play with the fish tank!

ninja

Not later Ineke, too much dust, have to do it at the same time or not at all. Baby TBs won't like dust.

JohnH

Nothing like a fresh batch of baby cherries :D

ineke
Not later Ineke' date=' too much dust, have to do it at the same time or not at all. Baby TBs won't like dust.[/quote']

TB's what TB's my michling probably mated with a CRS or CBS. The TB's are a way away yet!!! However I will have to find a local shop that sells filter sponge then. It needs to be 30 cm wide by 47 cm tall and so far haven't seen any. Tried Clark Rubber but everything they sell has been treated except for the air conditioner sponge but that wont last long in water.

Might have to go aquarium shop hopping on Tuesday or Wednesday and see what I can find as you say I should do it now and also look into filtration. JohnH is not having luck with a UG filter with shrimp soil so will have to update that as well. It would be easier with a sump wouldn't it!!!! Never mind that will come.:encouragement:

ineke
Nothing like a fresh batch of baby cherries :D

dont you just love them- can still only find one though and I know she was reasonably loaded BUT I'm not allowed to meddle so will have to wait and see tomorrow:)

JohnH

How are your yellows going? I noticed today I have a few freshly dropped yellow cherries so this is my second batch :D

The shrimpletes are too hard to photograph so here is a berried mumma

P5180548_zps2a450e26.jpg

ninja

Could try Aquasonic or one of our Sponsors,, I'm in the same boat, must do that, lol.

ninja

Canister filters are AOK, don't be scared, get rid of the UG Filter, yucky!

ineke

John thats a gorgeous coloured Mum. Mine are not going at all!! Squiggle is going to try and source some for me to add to mine I only have 2 girls and 3 boys so the boys will go into a male tank and I will try the new boy/boys with the girl. The couple of people I have asked about Yellows either didn't have any or they are still too small. Also nothing available locally either. Glad you are having success with yours. Yellows definitely have a presence:encouragement:

ineke
Could try Aquasonic or one of our Sponsors' date=', I'm in the same boat, must do that, lol.[/quote']

I might look on their sites and see. Otherwise will look in the local shops to get it at the same time I get the soil. The UG filter is going but I love them the water in that tank is crystal clear and it has always been a very healthy tank for fish and shrimp but it worries me if there is a power failure in case there is an ammonia spike.:encouragement:

CNgo2006

Very Nice...WooHoo!:applause:

ineke

Thanks Chi can still only see one:( hopefully there will be more tomorrow

northboy

Well done girl, but KEEP YOU DAM HANDS OUT OF THE TANK and stop fiddling.

Bob