Hello form Portugal!

Fernando Freire

So here's something more specific to you.

It's a 3000L system divided in 4 - 1 sump feeds a line of 4 aquariums. All the aquariums are equal, with just one simple modification in the sump (photo for other day about it, it's just a hole made in the back!

Here it is the skeleton of the system, made in Aluminium, strengthened with 8mm solid aluminium bar inside of it (so that the aquarium never falls :-P)

Notice this: 0,75cm work space in the back of the system ; 1x36W T8 lightning the sump, for plant filter... its going to be 1,2m x 0,30m just with floating plant like Pistia stratiotes, Limobium laevigatum and water hyacinths ; the sumps working 0,2m lower the aquariums, so that all the system works by gravity.

In-Aquarium-tubing is made by 20mm tubes and the sewer is 32mm ; The bathroom didn't even existed hehehe

post-12-139909861653_thumb.jpg

Here we have a closer look of the system that brings the water to the aquariums from the sump (how do you call it? We just call it "Return system" tht sounds terrible in English hehehe). The Eheim 1260 (2400L/h) hose connects to the left (poiting down) and goes to the main tubing Then I have a T shape PVC piece making the derivation to the flute (do you call it like this?) I made all the flutes, thay are 0,8m long, which 2mm holes 4cm distance from each other.. it was 1 full day marking and drilling all holes 1 by 1... x16 ; the tap (??) is just for maintenance, just close ir to have access to the aquarium. I prefer the flute system 15cm away from the aquarium surface that provides oxigenation

post-12-139909861656_thumb.jpg

This is my closet-RO tank-RO system :-) Just a simple structure with 0,90x0,65x1,8 meter (l x w x h)to get all the 4stage-RO water and automatic water reposition. The reposition system is currently being developed, and the tank in currently on top of it, its a 0,9x0,6x0,5 meter, with a level buoy and a hole on the bottom (connected to a hose and tap) notice a simple acrylic washbasin(??)

post-12-139909861658_thumb.jpg

Finally the system complete with all the tanks but no ADA substrate, this was right before the first test (to see leaks and water movement at the sump) and with all the lightning on!

post-12-139909861661_thumb.jpg

Hope you like it!

post-2851-139909850236_thumb.jpg

post-2851-139909850241_thumb.jpg

post-2851-139909850245_thumb.jpg

post-2851-139909850249_thumb.jpg

Welcome to SKF Fernando. As others have said your English is good and you are very easy to understand. The pictures you posted look very interesting! I cant wait to see more!
Hello there! Thank you very much :-) Just posted something more for all of you!
Hi Fernando' date=' Welcome to SKF I hope you enjoy your time with us, Please keep the picture coming, love to see what you have and be a part of your build, very excitingWayne[/quote']Hello Wayne! Thank YOU for having this great reception and participation with me. Feels great to be around interested and participating people :-)Hello Durro, hehehe I think I'me getting to know quite interesting people and feeling the good Australian vibe here on the other side of the planet! Don't have a stroke, it's just a Shrimp system and I need you all to give your opinion and develop some interesting conversations about our little friends =)Thank you Oz, it's showing very promissing your internet corner here :-) Great people, vibe and shrimps!

• HOF Member

When you have posted a bit more there is a great thread on the building of a very large shrimp room by our benefactor Boss Aquaria which i think you will like. Thank you for sharing this with us. This is the sort of thing we love to see. Can't wait for more progress reports Fernando.:encouragement:

Hi Fernando,

Welcome! Your set-up is looking great. I like the way you organized your tanks and sumps. Well done.

Looking forward to more updates :encouragement:

That is an awesome system, can't wait to see more & we call it a return system too but the "Flute" we call a spray bar :encouragement: As Ineke said, Dean's system is what shrimp keepers wet dreams are made of, you will love reading the Boss Aquaria Benibachi system thread, make sure you have a few tissues around, hahaha(for the drool people, you've all got dirty minds, lol) :victorious:

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back Fernando to SKF ...All the best with your shrimp keeping/breeding & may it be very successful for you :-)