Hello form Portugal!

Fernando Freire

hello to all!

My name is Fernando and I'm from Portugal, I'm 25 years old and I've heard a lot about your forum.

I'm here to show you what I got here in Portugal and hope to "trade" information and knowledge about these beautiful creatures that Shrimps are :-)

Best regards,

Fernando Freire

Hi Fernando, welcome to the forum. You must be our first member from Portugal.

• HOF Member

Hi Fernando welcome to SKF. We will be interested in all you have to show us. We have import bans in Australia so some of the beautiful shrimp you have overseas are not available to us. Our forum is a closed forum and opens up to you as you post so basically the more you post the more that opens for you to see. We do have a premium membership that opens everything up straight away which is worth the cost of $12.50. We would love to see some of your shrimp I'm sure we would all be enthralled. Enjoy our forum!

Hello to all!

Thank you very much. Really that I'm the first Portuguese? wow, thoght that there was more of "us" around here hehehe

I've recently started a 20x150L "Shrimp-culture" near my house and I'm excited to show it to you and share some info =)

Just for information, what are the shrimps prohibited in Australia? Since yo are so near to Asia (land of the mighty shrimp) we (Europeans) thought that you where very well supplied by our Asian friends! =)

Best regards!

Welcome to the forum dude, there's definitely lots of people here only too happy to "trade" info with you, what sort of shrimp do you have? Hope you have as much fun here as we do! :encouragement:

funny-gifs-washing-machine-brick_zpsf36ea041.gif

Hey there Squiggle,

For now I've got just a Colony of Crystal Black and Crystal Red (A grade, my favourites) in 2 Aquariums in my bedroom, but I'm investing in a multi-species infrastructure that I'll post some photos as soon as I get some permitions to do so :-)

Best regards,

We aren't allowed to import any shrimp at all, but the shrimp we do have here ha been here for a while. We have all colours of cherries, CRS, CBS, Tibees, Tigers & Taiwan Bees. The general quality of our shrimp isn't as good as overseas but we are working on it. We do have some breeders here with some stunning shrimp though :victorious:

Hey there Squiggle' date='

For now I've got just a Colony of Crystal Black and Crystal Red (A grade, my favourites) in 2 Aquariums in my bedroom, but I'm investing in a multi-species infrastructure that I'll post some photos as soon as I get some permitions to do so :-)

Best regards,[/quote']

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it! I love the A grades as well, they look like little candy canes :victorious:

welcome mate looking forward to the pics!

wow, thats not bad! The problem is that your cimate may be a problem to say that shrimp (althought beautiful) may be a invasive species. Here in Portugal, because of the cold winter all shrimp species aren't considered invasive, so as long you have he airport papers, you can always buy them fro all Europe... and the Germans are great with Shrimps!

All you need is time so that breeders down there can come up with stunning animals to all shrimp keepers!

For 5 years ('till 2 years ago) I worked in a specialized Shop here in Portugal, and we where the first ones to sell CRS, CBS, CPO and all Sulawesi species to Portuguese shrimp keepers! That was the 1st time I contacted with shrimps (not counting with Cherries hehehe) and because we where the 1st one to have them, I've got the oportunity to learn from the best and contribute directly on what it is today. Portugal have some European famous breeders and keepers, making great shop with bee's, taibees and even Pinto!

ohhh... I would love to post photos of my aquaculture but I guess I haven't dislocked the area yet hehehe

in that cast getting REALLY excited about some pictures!

hehehe I must say that even I am excited to show it to you all... I'm a Moderator in www.aquariofilia.net (the biggest Portuguese spoken forum, and it is about aquariums in general) and I haven't show it to the "Portuguese audience" (many reasons that doesn't matter right now) and I'm in need of some constructive comment and shrimp-thought about my 3000L sistem!

ohhh... I would love to post photos of my aquaculture but I guess I haven't dislocked the area yet hehehe

Is this what they call a tease? LOL! Welcome to our great community SKF! SHOW US! SHOW US!

Wow, sounds like you've had a lot of experience with the high end shrimp, CPO's are awesome, such a colourful cray. We do have our own Native Dwarf Shrimp but they have proved difficult to breed. I love the Sulawesi shrimp, Harlequin & Cardinals are my favourite :encouragement:

• HOF Member

Fernando you should be able to post pictures on this thread without having to join.There is a little icon in a box that looks like a tree in the top tool bar and you add pictures through that

I haven't show it to the "Portuguese audience" (many reasons that doesn't matter right now) and I'm in need of some constructive comment and shrimp-thought about my 3000L sistem!

I am building a 1300L system at the moment & I wouldn't show anyone but the people here, we have the problems you are talking about too :encouragement:

hehe

So let me explain first. At this time its running water (initiating the Nitrification cicle) for just 2 days. I've got many things to say and explain that it is really hard to choose 1 or 2 photos... I think that it was was well thinked but not perfectly applied ;-P

So here it is a photo of the inner space ( 10m x 3,5m) 2 weeks ago. Can't show it to you how it is today just because it isn't fun to start from the end, right? hehe

post-12-13990986165_thumb.jpg

and the outter space (5,7m x 3,5m), 2 weeks ago also, after (or before?) the aquarium wash with pressurized water (2 times). I've got 40 of them but only used 20 for now... there's no rush =) their dimentions are 1,20x0,40x0,35m with sump on the back, wich I use to catch the future babies.

post-12-139909861648_thumb.jpg

Just one tiny question... do you use the metric sistem??

Hope you like it, and also hope not to make a fool of myself with my English and/or my sistem

Best regards and thank you for having me around!

post-2851-13990985023_thumb.jpg

post-2851-139909850233_thumb.jpg

Wow dude, that looks cool, well done! :encouragement: Don't worry about your English, you're doing just fine :victorious: Is the first pic of your office, that is very cool & the outside system is going to be a monster! We do use the metric system here but when it comes to talking about fishtanks we still talk in imperial :encouragement:

Wow' date=' sounds like you've had a lot of experience with the high end shrimp, CPO's are awesome, such a colourful cray. We do have our own Native Dwarf Shrimp but they have proved difficult to breed. I love the Sulawesi shrimp, Harlequin & Cardinals are my favourite :encouragement:[/quote']Loved the CPO, got to have them again but with more space and patiente that I had in the shop... little was know about them at that time! The one thing I loved in Sulawesi shrimp was their patter and colour, but hated the SUPER small size of the and the lack of good, vibrant and stunning plants in the aquarium, due to high pH and yemperature (my main "Aquarium studies" where made in Aquascaping and plant caring... and only after that I got in in Marine Biology Bachelor, whit specialization in Aquaculture (wich I'm finishing) and got it together with the shrimp passion :-) There are "takls" about some terrible envy-driven people to some frieds of mine... not god at all!Thank you very much Ineke, I was just strugling with the upload fro my computer, the forum redireted me to the "home-page" of the forum every time I tried to upload them... but I finnaly got it right! Hope you like the photosBest Regards

Welcome to the forum fernando its great to have you here :)

Hope you like it, and also hope not to make a fool of myself with my English and/or my sistemBest regards and thank you for having me around!
dont worry about your english its fine, the only language you need to speak on this forum is shrimp :) This is probably one of the best communities you would fine and i think it shows from the number of international members we have joining :)Hope you enjoy it here and i look forward to seeing more photos of your system :)

Metric or Imperial either should be fine .... except for maybe the young-uns.

As Squig said nothing wrong with your english .... in fact it is better than his!

Your setup is going to be massive! If I was excited before ... I am about to have a coronary.

Hi Fernando, Welcome to SKF I hope you enjoy your time with us, Please keep the picture coming, love to see what you have and be a part of your build, very exciting

Wayne

As Squig said nothing wrong with your english .... in fact it is better than his!

You're on fire today Durro, hahaha! :victorious: Dere's nufink rong wif mi Inglish, lol :encouragement:

Welcome to SKF Fernando. As others have said your English is good and you are very easy to understand. The pictures you posted look very interesting! I cant wait to see more!