BlueBolts

Shrimp Deformity

buck

I found this guy today needless to say he's no longer with us.tumblr_nj18pn1JaE1qjnrnyo1_500.jpgtumblr_nj18q3pfmw1qjnrnyo1_500.jpgtumblr_nj18p0aqgX1qjnrnyo1_500.jpg

ineke

It's hard sometimes but definitely the best thing to do. Our gene pool is not Large in Australia so culling deformities is a must really.

• Like 1

buck

Yeah Im just happy I got him before he got in to one of the girls!

inverted

Yeah Im just happy I got him before he got in to one of the girls!

Harsh....aint that life ...... Shotgun ready for my daughters lol

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• Cesar
      IME, the healthiest and highest quality has always buying directly from hobbyist, usually a small setup in their garage or fish room. Next was specialty store/importer, last is the local TFS, both often having stock that has been imported, transported and kept in less than ideal conditions... Buying directly from hobbyist has always produced the best results for me...
    • Steensj2004
      Did boil a few times, the water wasn’t completely clear when I stopped cleaning it. So they should be getting some tannins. I was able to remove all but one rock, I have one more piece to put in in its plAce today.   Right on. I’m originally from Ohio, and I’ve been scoping out Flip’s videos and website for a few weeks now. Looks like I’ll be ordering from either Flip or AquaHuna after I get this tank works out completely.   TDS is already down slightly after removing the rock and doing a small water change. I also took the opportunity to remove some plants I wasn’t a fan of and replace them. Indian Almond Leaves came in today too, but my BacterAE is delayed. Thanks Amazon.🙄🙄
    • Goshio22
      Its about 1 cm its definitely of breeding age.. i would be happy if its male, but my eyes is untrained when it comes to fully colored males.
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I would think that is a male IF it is old enough to be able to tell but I think it is maybe too young to tell? This video should give you some handy tips for seeing the differences! https://skfaquatics.com/forum/forums/topic/14104-telling-male-from-female-shrimp/ Simon
    • Goshio22
      Im having a hard time trying to figure the gender of my shrimp.. so i know that virgin females is usually more skinnier than your usual large females..  My shrimp are mostly average grade fire reds, most of the males seems pale in coloration. Can anybody help me?