Cherries from Ineke

Matt_95

I finally got some photos of my new cherries, of course the darkest ones took off as soon as I got the camera out and then returned after I had uploaded these. It's been great having shrimp again, sorry for the photo quality.

IMG_1290_zpsdf4f4b18.jpgIMG_1293_zpsd1ba9ba1.jpgIMG_1297_zpsa5778296.jpg

• HOF Member

I have dark substrate and they stand out much more they seem to blend in with your gravel. Hope you get some dark babies from them. The ones I couldn't catch are colouring up quite nicely one little male is really nice so you should get some nice ones when they breed:encouragement:

Yes, I am thinking I should have tried a different substrate, it performs very well though and stops a cycle from occurring so I can stock from day one though. When they have some darker offspring they should stand out well. Three females are saddled so babies soon.

This is one of my old ones I bred. Thanks very much for them, I am very excited to have them again.

IMG_3231.jpg

Awesome work Ineke, as I always say, love the SKF love :victorious:

• HOF Member

glad you are happy with them it's nice to have shrimp to look at. All the females these came from were very dark and very good breeders won't be long and you will be over run. If a substrate works stick with it inert gravels are good :encouragement:

Thanks :) I am hoping they berry soon. The substrate is top soil topped with zeolite, which has a very high CEC and absorbs ammonia. Everything seems to do well with it. There's some coral sand mixed in as well to buffer the PH.