Hello

beginner

Hello beginner .... Welcome to SKF. What shrimps have you got now ? The more you post, the more the forum opens up for you. There's a wealth of information and great members.

• HOF Member

Hi welcome to SKF . Hope you enjoy our forum . We would love to see photos of shrimp and tanks

Well we all have to be beginners sometime, welcome to SKF ENJOY!

Welcome to the SKF team, hope you can share with us what you are keeping at the moment. This is a great forum and I think you will find the information here very useful. Have fun :)

Got one tank and have about 6 cherry 4 crystal red - started with fish just stumbled on shrimps but now addicted. Yeah will get pic of my tank soon for advice. When I go round shops only seem to b cherry and crystal available - what other types available in Sydney ?

• HOF Member

It's those unexpected little finds that have got us all into trouble. I was given 4 free red cherries the most expensive free things I ever got . Be prepared to become addicted and MTS will soon follow. Enjoy:encouragement:

Got one tank and have about 6 cherry 4 crystal red - started with fish just stumbled on shrimps but now addicted. Yeah will get pic of my tank soon for advice. When I go round shops only seem to b cherry and crystal available - what other types available in Sydney ?

Welcome to the forum!

There are loads of types of shrimp available. Red, yellow, blue, chocolate, pumpkin, black and rilli cherries. Crystal reds and blacks. Then when you're more experienced you could move on to Taiwan Bees and Tigers.... We have several members in Sydney who you can buy from and lots of sellers who will ship too. Premium membership will open up the classified section for you and enable you to view shrimps for sale and place wanted adds :encouragement:

Welcome to the forum, everyone has to start somewhere & this is probably the best place, lots of very knowledgable people on this forum only too willing to answer any question & there's no stupid questions here. We love pics so whack some up when you get a chance, would love to see your shrimp. Hope you have as much fun here as we do :encouragement:

funny-gif-Elmo-dancing-toilet_zps548224e4.gif

As Squig said this is the BEST place to start on your shrimp journey!!! Everyone here is really nice (well watch out for Squiggle, Ineke and Torface .... they are a bit over the top .... look at their post count) and helpful!

As Squig said this is the BEST place to start on your shrimp journey!!! Everyone here is really nice (well watch out for Squiggle' date=' Ineke and Torface .... they are a bit over the top .... look at their post count) and helpful![/quote']

Oi! That's a bit harsh, you might not post as much but you cause as much trouble "sweetie", hahaha :smiley_simmons:

Welcome to the forum :), you will definately learn alot here and onceyou unlock the rest of the forum or if purchase premium membership you will get some great deals on high quality shrimp far better then any LFS :)

This is my tank of shrimps- waiting for tank of tropical fish to die off then will take over tank for more shrimps.post-12-139909861663_thumb.jpgpost-12-139909861666_thumb.jpg

post-2944-139909850253_thumb.jpg

post-2944-139909850257_thumb.jpg

• HOF Member

Your tank looks great I'm sure the shrimp will be happy in there. They seem to love the rocks.:encouragement:

As Squig said this is the BEST place to start on your shrimp journey!!! Everyone here is really nice (well watch out for Squiggle' date=' Ineke and Torface .... they are a bit over the top .... look at their post count) and helpful![/quote']

MY post count? I'm on half as much as Squiggle and Ineke! They're the real trouble!! Lol

MY post count? I'm on half as much as Squiggle and Ineke! They're the real trouble!! Lol

They been members twice as long as you .... but I agree they are the real problem - especially that Ineke trying to come across all sweet and BAM ...

Nice Tank Beginner - soon you'll have more you have a problem! same as all of us!

• HOF Member
They been members twice as long as you .... but I agree they are the real problem - especially that Ineke trying to come across all sweet and BAM ...

Nice Tank Beginner - soon you'll have more you have a problem! same as all of us!

I have made a new week resolution and will no longer take over other peoples threads. I will sit on my hands and be quiet. I've obviously upset too many people with my vivacious personality. My hands are sealed:dejection:

• HOF Member
This is my tank of shrimps- waiting for tank of tropical fish to die off then will take over tank for more shrimps.post-12-139909861663_thumb.jpgpost-12-139909861666_thumb.jpg

Oh Beginner that sounds so not nice but I'm doing the same thing LOL I've got a huge tank that will one day hopefully house a rainbow of shrimp only trouble is some of the fish I have live for a very long time!!!

Welcome mate! as the others have said we are all shrimp addicts here. I doubt there is a person on forum that would not like at least one more tank! plenty of good information and a great buy/sell section too if you become a premium member.

Looks very cool dude, as Ineke said, you might be waiting a long time, lol :encouragement:

post-3445-139909851523_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments - when having look around forum - saw mention of aussie native shrimps - are these good for beginners?

Another question bought Mironecton powder - mineral for shrimps but no instructions - do I use every water change or after period of time?

post-2944-13990985027_thumb.jpg

Native shrimp are often very hardy, so great for beginners. I'd reccommend riffles or longirostris because they are interesting to keep. there are many other native shrimp that will be suitable too.

However, on the negative side natives are generally more difficult to breed.