Howdy from Adelaide!

isfrael

Thought I would pop in & check out this new shrimp forum.

Loach gave me the heads up about this forum, and here I am!

Had a quick look around, and have seen a lot of familiar people from other forum, but looking forward to contributing to this shrimp only forum.

Hey Loach

Looks like a cool forum, from what I can see, not sure if I have a limited view of the forum (can only see 5 sections) or if its a super new forum and that's it for now?

But I'll be sure to pop in and check it out.

Oh, I lost a few of those guppies I got off you the days after they got into the tank, but the rest seem to be settling in now and doing well & growing nicely! :D

Yes you currently are limited as you are brand new. There is actually 20+ Subsections with more to come.

Had a feeling some of the endlers would die as they were very young, you can pick some more up if you dont mind another 45 mins of driving lol.

Welcome, good to see someone else who keeps spiders here as well :D hope you like it here.

Cheers for the welcome Dean, how is that epic shrimp room coming along?

Loach, I'll see how the survivors turn out, I mean they are guppies after all, I'll have about 8 million just as soon as they are old enough to breed LOL

haha Bloody Matt, the only person on EVERY forum I visit :p

How are the T's going? Got any more new ones to show off? I have been pretty slack checking the invert forum lately :)

Hahaha I do get around :p My T's are excellent, I've started keeping them a new way, it's fantastic, I got an adult female sp. 3 for a steal last week, a sp. gold and a strenuus. I've started keeping other spiders now though, I have some funnelwebs (these guys are beautiful) and a heap of different trapdoors. My favourite addition is my Idiommata scintilins, these guys are as rare as rocking horse poo, they're almost like mini tarantulas. Mine has coloured up now from this pale colour to a velvet black.

IMG_8580.jpg

And this is one of my hadrons

IMG_8614.jpg

How is all of your stuff?

Whats this new way of keeping them, or is it a Matt trade secert? haha

They are some fat healthy looking spiders! The Hadron looks insane!

I only have the one Phlogius Stents at the moment, it recently had a nice little holiday in its burrow for around 2 months and has just emerged and it is a machine now, must of had a shed and its looking pretty tanky now!

I woud love to get some trappys in the future, but at the moment I am looking into (possibly) selling the CADE 2 ft aquarium and buying a 5-6 foot tank with sump, and having a large shrimp/tetra forest/driftwood aquarium setup.

Secret :p I have started using a clay loam substrate, the behavior is fantastic and they just act so much more naturally.

IMG_8551.jpgIMG_85566.jpgIMG_8568.jpg

Thanks, the Hadrocyche had that funky abdomen in the picture when we caught her but with a nice feed she's a nice even shape. Stents are awesome, such a beautiful dark grey colour. How big is she now? One of mine molted out too 64mm or something.

That sounds awesome!!

I think Tom Cruise here have arachnophobia. Look! Even his photo has him screaming ;)

Becareful Sprae, I just might send my scientology boys around to your place and give you an audit :beaten:

That clay loam looks awesome Matt, where did you get it from? Is it something you can buy? Looks nice and natural, might have to give that a try.

I would say the Stents is around 90-100mm maybe? Hard to tell as its a real burrow lover & I don't get to see it stretched out to often.

I collected it, my friend did a video on how to pick a good one, I'll try find it.

Awesome!! Are you going to try find her a male?

I collected it' date=' my friend did a video on how to pick a good one, I'll try find it.

Awesome!! Are you going to try find her a male?[/quote']

Yeah, the video would be cool, I really like the look of the clay loam, much more natural than coco peat for sure, and the burrows look wicked.

Does it hold together well? No chance of burrow collapse?

I really dont know if it is male or female yet, it hides all sheds in its burrow, has never brought one out intact enough, and its so bloody fast to hide to get a good look at it.

Hey mate welcome to the forum!

Nice to see another person i recognize :-D