On going yellow saga

ineke

• HOF Member

I must have female yellows who have had saddles for the longest period ever. I got 5 yellows in Feb and one of the girls got berried fairly quickly but didn't keep the eggs. So since the end of Feb my two girls have had saddles but not berried up again. I have had them in cherry WP's and they just hid all the time so now for the last month they have been back into the Crystal tank where they are at least coming out and grazing every day. Other shrimp in the tanks they have been in have berried and held so I'm at a loss now with what to do. I already have 3 boys to 2 girls and know at least one of each is fertile so I guess it may be time to look for some more girls to get the party started. Can't think of anything else I can do. Water changes hhaven't helped, biozyme, good variety of food, plenty of hiding places, I've had them in different temperatures- all changes were done slowly and time left for it to take effect but no go. AND to make it worse everyone else is having yellows all over the place????...?. Time to get some new ones me thinks:encouragement:

They've only been in the current tank for a month? You've not even given them a chance yet! Ive heard that shrimp can take 2-3 weeks to get used to a new tank and start breeding... so really it's not been all that long...

• HOF Member

Yes that would be my luck!!! I'm hoping reverse psychology might work now I've put it out there that my yellows are no good as breeders they might go out behind the bushes and do the deed!!!! Think it will work?

• HOF Member
They've only been in the current tank for a month? You've not even given them a chance yet! Ive heard that shrimp can take 2-3 weeks to get used to a new tank and start breeding... so really it's not been all that long...

I know I have to have PATIENCE but I haven't!!! It could just be I have tried too hard and haven't let them settle I suppose.:) I'm just thinking I want some more yellows and this will make me decide whether to put an ad in wanted to buy or just wait and see what happens. It's like talking to myself but i get a few nice answers to set me on my course!!! I have a bad case of verbal diarrhoea and just start writing a thread and writing and writing. I don't get to talk much I spend too much time with my shrimp so the forum is my outlet !!!!:o

LOL

I know it's hard to have patience. Im not the best either :)

It does seem like you swap your shrimps around a lot though, so personally (not that im an expert though lol) i think you just need to let them settle. By all means put an add up for some more though, one can never have too many shrimps lol :)

• HOF Member

I have had to move them around because I have had some unexpected surprise shrimp given to me and they can't breed with what I have so a major reshuffle was needed. Also had to move the Cherries to stop interbreeding of colours. That was another reason I gave away my Reds. Now they need to stay where they are except for any extra males or culls that I don't want to breed they can all go into my big tank. I think I NEED ONE MORE TANK:victorious:

I think I NEED ONE MORE TANK:victorious:

That's the biggest under statement I've heard all week ! Plan ahead, 1 isn't gonna be enough ! Did the maths with Ninja today, and we came up with 120+ minimum.

• HOF Member

Well I did the maths and that means I need to move into the second bedroom, hallway and half the hubby's huge man cave shed. It doesn't add up! :cower: no all good I still have the huge fish tank I can divide that and put culls in there. I'm sure just 1 more tank will do for this month!:congratulatory:

AND to make it worse everyone else is having yellows all over the place????...?.

Well, certainly not ME :(

I think Garnella (my yellow girl that was berried) just dropped her eggs somewhere along the way. Now she is not pregnant anymore and there are no shrimplets.

Stupid little yellow cow! :mad: At least she is growing a saddle again and there is also another saddled one in the tank (I shall call her Shrimpella)

off topic: where did you and Torface get those cool new avatars from? I like! :encouragement:

• HOF Member

Ozshrimp was bored yesterday and gave a lot of us a makeover:D

My yellows did the same had ! batch of eggs that she dropped and now the two girls have been saddled forever:( BUT I've been told off and need to stop changing them around and just leave them alone and above all have PATIENCE. So that is my situation this week!!! Don't know how long I will last not interfering but we will see.

"A watched pot never boils" :)

I had 3 saddled blues for a while and i was checking them everyday. Now i go away to work and they got preggers :)

• HOF Member

Oh congratulations! You will soon need MORE TANKS:encouragement:

... and above all have PATIENCE. So that is my situation this week!!!

PATIENCE??? What's that? :mad:

• HOF Member
They're coming... watch this space mwahahahaha!

Yes a little Squiggly person let that cat out of the bag!!!!!!!!

• HOF Member
PATIENCE??? What's that? :mad:

Don't ask me I apparently don't have any:confused:

Yes a little Squiggly person let that cat out of the bag!!!!!!!!

Lol yes i know. I was only keeping hush hush cos i don't have it in my possesion yet. I tend not to tell people about things before they arrive as it generally only leads to disappointment... I am getting a sweet deal though :D will post about it on the weekend if all goes to plan :D

hopefully they dont try and sell to someone else for more.

Should of fot some b argains for everyone ;)

hopefully they dont try and sell to someone else for more.

Yes that's what i'm worried about! The guys holding it for me until the weekend, so hopefully he's good for his word...

• HOF Member

Finger crossed for you -trouble is if you get MORE tanks you need MORE shrimp its a very vicious circle:smiley_simmons:

• HOF Member

Back to my yellow saga- I haven't got any berried girls in that tank but happy to say there are a heap more moults in the tank today so regardless if they breed yet or not the tank must be reasonably healthy with them moulting.