When do cherry shrimplets start to show their colours?

torface

Specifically blue velvet shrimplets... My shrimplets are almost 2 weeks old and still look pink. Maybe they will grow up to be red rilli blue genes?? Or does it take a while for them to show their true colours?

Pic would help, but the blue velvet should alredy show it's blue colouration by now....if it's pink, it's probably a red cherry/rilli ? Were both parents Blue Velvets ?

Both parents were spiderman shrimp so some have a little bit of red on them but they are mostly blue... They have never been in a tank with red cherries.

Funny though cos i know someone who also has blue velevet shrimplets (from solid blue parents) around the same time and his are pink too?

I don't have a recent pic as i am at work, this one was was when they were only a few days old (maybe 4 days) and my boyfriend says they're still the same colour.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3193&d=1367455052

would be interested to see the pic ones when you get a chance. Their color could develop stronger as they age?

Yes i'm hoping so.

I'm home on thursday so i will try and get a photo then. Who knows they could be blue by the time i get home!

fingers crossed for you but if they are pink you could be onto something really good!

Could be :) but i doubt it. They could turn out to be red rilli. I still reckon they'll change though...

• HOF Member

Oh wow I'm pleased to hear that because mine are pink too and only 2 days old

Cant tell you how long they stay pink for though lol, somewhere between 1 day and 2.5 weeks...

They're looking nice though, shame the tank is a disaster zone lol