Eggs = Gravid?

Smithers

Hey Guys n Girls

Wondering if that is the right term and if this shrimp is ?

Regards,

post-3445-139909861593_thumb.jpg

post-1108-139909860329_thumb.jpg

Oh and i could be wrong, but I cant see any eggs on that shrimp :(

Oh ok thanks mate. It looked orange behind the head and think that's where they start? I'll just keep watching I guess.

Regards,

Yes they develop a "saddle" when they are fertile and ready to breed. They will then moult and mate and the eggs will travel downwards. You will be able to see them under her belly/ tail like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKepSnw3E1UfktLWLPIZtR9n2TYjUXevI-MyLbTF7FFGQUsS931Abth_BerriedGoldenBee001.jpg

Hopefully it wont be too long for you!

Looks like it won't be long at all, she has a nice saddle on her. Do you have a nice male for her?

Yes they develop a "saddle" when they are fertile and ready to breed. They will then moult and mate and the eggs will travel downwards. You will be able to see them under her belly/ tail like this:images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKepSnw3E1UfktLWLPIZtR9n2TYjUXevI-MyLbTF7FFGQUsS931Abth_BerriedGoldenBee001.jpgHopefully it wont be too long for you!
Thanks for your help I thought something was going on but still a newb and wasn't totally sure. ;)
Looks like it won't be long at all' date=' she has a nice saddle on her. Do you have a nice male for her?

Im 100% sure that is a girl. she'll be berried in a few weeks if not days provided..

No worries, we're all here to help each other out :)

If you have several crystal shrimp, chances are you have a male :) ... let us know when you spot the eggs!

Not long until shes up the duff lol :P

then you have your first lot of shrimplets in a month :P

I'm sure it's a female. That orange bit on top near the head is the saddle. Your going to have to prepare your quick dance once she drops her eggs. Some options are running man, moon walk, human robort and if your lazy just punch the air.

Or if you're at work the shaking-really-hard-trying-to-be-professional-and-not-dance-dance lol (that's me haha)

Thanks for the confirmation CNgo I only have a few of these in the bunch of CRS CBS I received so not sure if I have a male or not as yet haven't had a close look to sex them...Will need to reserached that bit again.

Regards

If you need some help post up some pics of them and I am sure the panel of experts here at SKF will help sex them...I'm a bit lost in sexing them myself unless they have a saddle like your girl there.

Nice shrimp Smithers, it does look like she is saddled, just gotta wait till the next moult & she will probably berry up & then comes the happy dance, I'm a fan of the 360 turn while running on the spot & the the shoulder shrug while stirring the pot :encouragement:

Nice shrimp Smithers' date=' it does look like she is saddled, just gotta wait till the next moult & she will probably berry up & then comes the happy dance, I'm a fan of the 360 turn while running on the spot & the the shoulder shrug while stirring the pot :encouragement:[/quote']

LOL Squiggle I got such a funny mental image then!!

Personally im a big fan of the "shoulder shrug while stirring the pot"... also the sprinkler haha

Hahaha, I'm a fan of the shopping bags & the lawn mower too :encouragement: