Once a month live auction?

OzShrimp

Do you think that in future we could perhaps have shorter auctions on a set day, for instance if you were to add the chat room feature to the forum it could be utilised say only on a saturday between 12-3 once a month and during this time an auction or 2 can be run in live time allowing people to bid instantaneously without auction going for ages. same rules and everything apply but just the instant aspect to it

Just an added touch of fun. :) post in auction discussion a while ago but think it needs to be here :)

the current auctions are live, its just that they run for a few days to give everyone a chance to be a part of them.

If you would like to have single day auctions for a set amount of hours instead? then put a proposal together of times, dates etc and we can change the time frame

of the existing setup. ????

then put it to a vote and if its what the majority want then ill make the the changes for you all :)

Yeah I think this is better because everyone waits for the last moments for their serious bidding anyway.

Yeah I think this is better because everyone waits for the last moments for their serious bidding anyway.

That's true, perhaps announce the auction items on Thursday, with the auction day on a Sunday between 6-8 EST ? Although I don't mind the current setup.

• HOF Member

The current setup is OK but it does seem a bit long however it does give everyone a chance to see what is available . I think that's called sitting on the fence:) A bit shorter time would be good:encouragement:

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a while, would really like to see this come in action. Maybe 1-2 hours a week for faster auctions!

i think it could work if that what everyone really wants but the problem is i dont have the time to

be there to manage it most of the time and thats why its setup like it is.

If there is anyone that can seriously put there hand up and wants to be in charge of the auctions (only)

and is going to commit to running them on time every auction please put up your hand :)

But you must be able to do it every auction, be honest and KNOW the rules.

just PM me and myself and the other mods will talk it over and decide who is best for it.

other wise it will stay the same.

Haha that sounds like a good idea..

:) and as torface said very dangerous!! haha

would be fun tho!! hope it goes through.

I would love to but I like to bid as well so that wouldn't be fair to the others.

But understand entirely Dean, it takes a lot of time to run a forum

thanks Kiwi, and yes its hard to bid and run them :)

when i get back from holidays ill make a few changes and try and set it up to run once a month on a set day for only 3-4hrs or so..

How about when we put a item up for auction we have a choice of 2 to 5 days for it to run

How about when we put a item up for auction we have a choice of 2 to 5 days for it to run

thats a good idea to :) even 1 - 3 -5 days

• HOF Member

It all sounds good but then you need someone besides Dean to run the different auctions and that could be a big ask as they would need to be available on each of the auction end days. Dean works plus he looks after the forum that would tie him down even more. You need a volunteer to run it:)

This would be difficult as each one of us would like to bid and join the fun of these auctions. I'm guessing the volunteer who runs these auctions can't bid?

• HOF Member

You would be guessing right Masta! I guess if we could get a few people on a roster basis then no one would miss out all the time and it would also allow for a life outside the forum occassionally

I guess I can help out, i'm happy to give up a few hours in my weekdays if that's alright. I'm currently bankrupt so no money anyways! :) I could start off these faster auctions

• HOF Member

Masta I think we have to wait for Dean to get back. But that's great I don't think anyone else has put up their hand yet.

• HOF Member

No there is a contest on to see what time of day he arrives back but nothing was mentioned about what date.

Im pretty sure I've seen Dean bid on auctions? I don't see an issue with the volunteer participating to be honest, it doesn't put them at any unfair advantage!

id be happy to do it if its a day while I'm at work. Only issue is that the Internet can be unreliable out here :(