Korean Shrimp Rack Setup

chabbs

All I can say is... woah o_O

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=kbs8328&logNo=90119800737

post-2019-139909860324_thumb.jpg

Niiiice :)

But they're not using the bottom tanks yet, gotta fill them all :P

Interestingly, with the amount of tanks, canisters are still being used. Have noticed many of the overseas breeders, including benibachi, uses cannisters a too. Just an observation ......

Maybe it helps enable them to have a wider variety of conditions accross the different tanks?

I think they use canister to isolate each tank to stop any bacteria from spreading if any

Yeah, definite advantage is the isolation/conditions, but often their tanks/racks are of the same shrimp type, which rules conditions out.. Even with isolation, you'd think perhaps they'll have at least 4 tanks sharing the same system ?

I'd have thought so as well, however the other matter to consider is cost. Some asian countries I've visited I've seen cannister filters for $AUD5 for

something that'll do 800 - 1000lhr. With the cost being that cheap cannisters are effectively disposable so I can see why you wouldn't go down the

whole sump process. But isolated tanks give you more options if you wish to use them, I'm doing internal filtration myself as I don't want to much

around with the additional plumbing plus as we rent it'll be easier to move if we have to.

Good point Davin. But equating it to electrical cost, surely running individual canisters would be more ? unless electricty is cheap overseas ? can see the more advantages with canisters though... Personally, always like them over sumps.

Good point Davin. But equating it to electrical cost' date=' surely running individual canisters would be more ? unless electricty is cheap overseas ? can see the more advantages with canisters though... Personally, always like them over sumps.[/quote']

I think Electricity is cheaper in most other countries. Having had friends here from the UK and Mum visiting from New Zealand lately that was one of the topics

of discussion, especially considering the price increases over the last 2 years and yeah we're being fleeced! And thats not a Kiwi innuendo LOL I would say

though I think we tend to use more as well, especially with Aircon and Heating as our temperatures do fluctuate but I know also from living in the UK most of

the houses we stayed in were better insulated as well.

definately an interesting setup, would have to say australia is becoming not so the lucky country anymore :)

Other than what you all have mention above, I was told that one other reason why they use canister is because its more quiet and easier to clean.

Electricity & Water bill is definitely cheaper in overseas and we all know everything else is more expensive in Australia however we have other advantage over overseas breeders which is space that we have imo? While I was reading the benibachi facebook & other japanese shrimp factory I notice that they are only using sponge filters.

Here is a photo that I found on benibachi Facebook where I see they are only using sponge filter but I'm not 100% sure if that's the case:

310703_363618893743818_256137468_n.jpg

Thanks for that input kitz...definitely a possibility, with the sponge filter, but labour is cheap, and I'm sure they substitute that with water changes, and/or an auto WC system ....

And if you've got quick release connectors on your cannister filters they'll pay for themselves pretty quickly. Also just looking at the 4 layers of

tanks with the tanks being a lot shallower, maybe 30cms at tops by the looks of it in that last setup.

Here is a photo that I found on benibachi Facebook where I see they are only using sponge filter but I'm not 100% sure if that's the case:

310703_363618893743818_256137468_n.jpg

Absolutely stunning setup :encouragement:

And if you've got quick release connectors on your cannister filters they'll pay for themselves pretty quickly. Also just looking at the 4 layers of

tanks with the tanks being a lot shallower' date=' maybe 30cms at tops by the looks of it in that last setup.[/quote']

what are the quick release connectors?

I've seen quick release connectors actually on the some brands of filters but otherwise you simply add an inline pair to the tubing,

when you break the tubing it seals automatically preventing flow. Quite neat, haven't seen them for a while but they were quite

common when I lived in the UK as a lot of guys starting marines went to Cannister before switching to sumps.

Nice set-ups!

While I was reading the benibachi facebook & other japanese shrimp factory I notice that they are only using sponge filters.
Well later in the year I'll be testing this theory with my own set-up as I am intending to have sponge filters only.

Nice set-ups!

Well later in the year I'll be testing this theory with my own set-up as I am intending to have sponge filters only.

I thought that was a pick of your setup Serkan, oh wait, yours has more tanks, hahaha :smiley_simmons: