I think I am going to have an "only child" shrimplet.

Garnelchen

When my pregnant shrimp mama was feeding before I got to have a good look at her and it appears to me that there is only ONE egg under her belly. :dejection:

It's really difficult to see but she looks pretty 'empty' and I don't think any shrimplets have hatched yet.

It's been 3 weeks now since she has berried up.

Does that happen that only one (or very few) of their eggs actually hatch? :confused:

Could be any one of a number of reasons, fungus, unfertilised etc. She may have already dropped them, check around the tank, you might spot one or two, they usually hide for the first few days :encouragement:

have had that before but i have also seen what appears to be a bubble in the saddle

I have been staring into my tank at least for an hour today AND I was wearing my glasses! ....No shrimplets :(

But I like the 'maybe-they-are-hiding-theory' :encouragement:

• HOF Member

I found a shrimplet in a tank that shouldn't have had anything left in it. The tank had been almost completely emptied, new substrate added filled etc then chocolate shrimp added. Now I see a shrimp that must be two weeks old at least so they are experts at hiding!

I have been staring into my tank at least for an hour today AND I was wearing my glasses! ....No shrimplets :(

But I like the 'maybe-they-are-hiding-theory' :encouragement:

Trust me, they are so hard to see, especially if you have hidey places! I really hope there's some there for you :encouragement:

you could try turning the lights off and shining the torch around. Sometimes they're easier to spot like that

they know your looking thats why they wont come out :)

*sigh*

Trust me' date=' they are so hard to see, especially if you have hidey places! I really hope there's some there for you :encouragement:

you could try turning the lights off and shining the torch around. Sometimes they're easier to spot like that[/quote']

Haha! I was just doing that (the torch thing). Great way to look at them....but there are no shrimplets. But I guess if they are hiding, there is no chance of finding them any time soon. My tank is so crowded with plants and driftwood and there is lots of hiding spots everywhere.

post-3743-139909854625_thumb.jpg

post-1840-139909852701_thumb.jpg