Excited, 1st berried CRS :D

gravychic

Just wanted to say I found out today one of my CRS girls is berried! Shes been hiding or the last couple days and today I finally saw her poke her head out a little from behind the Buddha statue and she had a bunch of eggs under her tail :D It is the same shrimp thats been harassing my berried cherries in the past, but haven't seen her do it in the last week or so, so maybe it was just crazy girl hormones, lol!

I tried in vain to get a picture of her but she doesn't seem to want to venture out far enough for me to get one, but hopefully I will get a photo at some stage and get it up, wooohooooooooo!

Congrats, exciting times ahead. She'll venture out more over he next few days, so hopefully youl'll get sone photo opportunity. Well done.

• Like 1

Awesome stuff gravychic, can't wait to see some pics, as BB says, berried girls make me smile, great work :encouragement:

• Like 1

YAY! congratulations, Gravychic! :encouragement:

I bet you are exited. I hope you manage to take some pics soon!

• Like 1

Congrats Gravychic!! Now it's the waiting game...

• Like 1

• HOF Member

Congratulations it's a great sight seeing your first crystal berried:encouragement:

Congratulations!!!! :) so great to see the success comin out with all of us sharing info and help :)

• Like 1

Awesome news... Now you just have to suffer through the waiting for shrimplets ;)

• Like 1

Shes been hiding or the last couple days and today I finally saw her poke her head out a little from behind the Buddha statue and she had a bunch of eggs under her tail :D

She must have been praying in front of buddha for the past few days for some bubs, as she was feeling left out of the mummas club and therefore chasing the other berried mums.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the support guys, not to mention the huge wealth of invaluable information and also all the great quality shrimp! What a fantastic community we have here :)

I didn't think I would be THIS excited but its almost as exciting as being pregnant myself lol, the next month is going to be a killer for sure! It's also been great not having to worry about her terrorizing my poor cherries, what an awesome bonus :D

Shes still shy today but active and pokes her head out ever now and then :) Also one of my female CBS hasn't come out for a couple days now so there is a chance she might be berried too, fingers crossed!

I know how you feel, Gravychic. We (That's my cherry shrimp and I :congratulatory:) are about 2.5 weeks into our pregnancy. It seems to take FOREVER! She also is hiding most of the time now and it freaks me out if I don't see her for a couple of days.

How did I ever make it through the 40 weeks when I was pregnant. :confused: I'll never know!

LOL tell me about it, you would think after having waited 9 months for your own baby waiting a month for a few shrimp would be easy! I wonder if the shimpy mommas feel as impatient as us!

I still remember the first time I saw CRS shrimplets in my tanks ! It was one of the happiest and excitable days of my life ! Sad BUT true !

I swear it feels like two months waiting for the shrimplets to hatch :dejection:

I swear it feels like two months waiting for the shrimplets to hatch :dejection:

Yeah sometimes it feels like it takes forever for the eggs to hatch especially if the mother is a TB or mishling.

After spending the last couple days camped in front of the tank with my camera, momma shrimp finally came out of her hiding spot to stretch her legs :D She came out when I was doing a water change and headed straight for where the fresh water was coming in, unfortunately this is also where the glass is nice and dirty (lazy me whoops!) and didn't wana go anywhere else so the pics are a little blurry, but I'm just happy she came out finally! Yay!

P5093210_zps90d7165e.jpg

P5093217_zps081b5e62.jpg

P5093220_zpsb11bbe78.jpg

• HOF Member

Looking good nothing like a berried mama!

Wow! She looks loaded! :) I hope she will have lots of little shrimplings for you!

Awesome pics, she looks very cool, gotta love berried girls :encouragement:

looking good gravychick!! :)

make sure u've got good food for the shrimplets and maybe put in a small amount of IAL or mulberry leaf just to prepare yourslef for 20+ shrimplets in a few weeks time.. especially if u notice that ur other females are getting berried also... u might end up with 50+ shrimplets this time next month who knows :)

good to hear of ur success. now the shrimplet wheel is in motion! :encouragement:

Don't forget to do the quick dance in front of the tank when you see all the little shrimplets. Some suggestions are running man, moonwalk, human robot,or Mexican wave if someone is next to you.

What's wrong with a solo wave, lol :encouragement: I'm a fan of the 360 run on the spot, the shoulder shrug while stirring the pot & there's also the sprinkler, the lawnmower & the shopping bags, you can always just do a freestyle jig, hahaha :smiley_simmons:

Thanks everyone! I sure do hope more girls get berried soon, the boys were doing the sexy dance around the tank a couple days ago but am yet go slot any more berried girls, hopefully just shy!

And thanks for the tip shrimpstan I'll make sure there is plenty of food for the bubs when they finally arrive.

Not sure which happy dance to go with when the babies hatch, leaning towards the robot cos it is less strenuous - last time I did a celebratory dance/jump for joy I did my hammy!