The ULTIMATE Caridina Cantonensis Family Tree

BlueBolts

Extremely excited to share this chart with SKF. A HUGE thank you Hillary http://rah-bop.com for the time & effort to researchign and creating this chart .... ENJOY !

caridina-cantonensis-family-tree.png

• HOF Member

Thanks BB you beat me by a very short time I was trying to find out if I could post that one its great:encouragement:

Holy wow! That is the coolest most explanatory shrimp chart ever! Absolutely awesome! :encouragement:

I just printed and laminated it and will go to my shrimproom after work. Im having it as my PC wallpaper too. Thanks Marcus.

Ace

Awesome chart, i saw it shared on shrimpsider yesterday.

From this I feel like my mystery shrimp may be black line or Swiss cheese, what shrimp should I be crossing them with?

Yeah, the chart truly typifies...."a picture is worth a thousand words". Hillary us also working on other species, so looking fwd to that !

From this I feel like my mystery shrimp may be black line or Swiss cheese' date=' what shrimp should I be crossing them with?[/quote']

Cool....Do you have an updated pic ?

The ULTIMATE Caridina Cantonensis Family Tree

Cool....Do you have an updated pic ?
Yeah in my benibachi tank thread, don't want to derail this one.Foxpuppet's Benibachi Breeding tankhttp://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38025

• 2 months later...

Update on the ULTIMATE Caridina Cantonensis Family Tree 2. Image from Imeke website (Shrimpsider). Thanks Imeke.

acca2ef19bab97a625948f44eda0897e.jpg

Wonder if anyone will do this for the cherry shrimp variants? Or did they all just originate from the red? Surely not?

I think there should be a chart for cherry variants, after all most of the Caridina variants stem from one source .

and with the work being done on Neocaradina Hetropoda by dedicated breeders show that they are just as variable and deserve the same recognition.

• HOF Member

I agree Wayne but it would be even more complicated than this one

Doesn't all variant originally come from the red cherry shrimp ? So the Neocaradina Hetropoda would just be ...

Red Cherry to ALL the colour Variants ? whereas the caridina gets more completed with the Tigers, TB's, CRS/CBS/SW/GB etc...., plus the patterns etc... ?

• HOF Member

Mmmm I hate to say it but I have to AGREE with you BB :dejection: that was hard:o

• 2 months later...

With BB revisiting some awesome threads on shrimp care I thought that this thread should be brought back to give some of the newer members an idea of grades & also the family tree from where these grades & variants come from, thanks for the idea BB. :victorious: