Just a quick hello :)

fugii

Hey everyone,

My name is Kevin aka fugi. I brought some shrimp from a guy in Cranbourne that recommended I join this forum.

I have been a member of another shrimp forum, but it is mostly NSW based so he suggested that skf wold be better.

I am very new to planted aquariums and shrimp, but I have started a 20L nano that has been a really good learning experience.

Look forward to meeting you all,

-fugi

Welcome Kevin, without blowing our own horn, this is definitely a better place to be when it comes to shrimp & shrimp keeping. We love seeing pics so whack up some pics when you can, would love to see your setup :encouragement: Hope you have as much fun here as we do :victorious:

funny-animal-pictures-dumpaday-72_zps5d558dc4.jpg

Welcome mate!

Where abouts in Aust you from?

• HOF Member

Welcome to SKF hope you enjoy our forum

RE: Just a quick hello

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I live in Cranborune, its in Melbourne's south eastern suburbs.

I was going to save pics for some kind of journal, but I cant see many threads at the moment, so here is a pic for squiggle.

post-3442-139909861531_thumb.jpg

I added all the plants from Exotic Aquatic a couple of days ago, so they are still nice and green. Hopefully I will be able to keep them like that.

The CO2 is a DIY setup, i really dont have much money to spend. Ill explain my story in a tank journal, if there is a tank journal section.

thanks again for your replys,

-fugi

post-2801-139909850082_thumb.jpg

Wow, that looks sensational fugi, very nice. Just from a shrimps perspective, just make sure the rocks you've got in there doesn't negate the WP for shrimps, and that your DIY CO2 is controlled well. Yes, SKF has a Tank journal section.....the prem membership is really the way to go...there's lots of generous members here, so you'll get your $12.50 back in no time !

Welcome to SKF :), as bluebolts said premium gives you the goodies earlier!

I really like the contrast between the two colours of rock :), its broken up nicely by the green of the plants

Very cool pic dude, I really like the rocks too. :encouragement: You can open up most of the forum by posting more but Premium will open it all straight away, as BB said, totally worth the money :victorious:

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the comments.

I will have to save the premium membership for a time when i have a bit more money. Till then ill just try to post as much as possible.

Glad to hear there is a journal section, I spend most my time reading journals. Always so much great info so cant wait to dig into skf's archives :)

Found this little guy in my tank, might be a stupid question but is this a shrimp or something else?

post-3452-139909861542_thumb.jpg

I didnt see any females with eggs, so im a little confused. It looks like a shrimp but the bubble head thing is throwing me off :lol:

Sorry if the intro section is the wrong place for a question.

cheers,

-fugi

post-2801-13990985009_thumb.jpg

Looks like the larvae of either a mosquito or something nastier. I would remove it.

ahhh damm!!

Alright I will remove and put it in a glass for now.

Any idea how something like that could get in the tank?

• HOF Member

They can come in on plants or the parent can fly in and lay eggs. We have a good article in the library about aquarium pests what to worry about and what is harmless. That will eventually be open for you as you post more.

Sweet! thanks for the help guys, I think i got them all.

Ill be sure to check out that article when it becomes available.

cheers,

-fugi

• HOF Member

Baby shrimp are really tiny and way cuter than that beast. they are miniature versions of the parents and hard to see until your eye gets in and then you see them all over the place.

This is the link to the thread, it will give you a good read. It does look like a mosquito larvae, harmless but I'd still remove it :encouragement:

http://www.shrimpkeepersforum.com/forum/showthread.php/1479-Aquarium-Tank-creatures-101

As everyone has mentioned, shrimplets are much cuter :victorious:

image-74_zps2000cdf8.jpg

Good to hear, they did look a little scary.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, hopefully I have some shrimp babies soon :)

Enjoy your shrimping welcome to SKF

• 1 month later...