How to remove the bane of my aquarium - Utricularia!!!!!

Heavyd

It's not carnivorous like Ultricularia Gibba if that's what you mean, it's only nasty if you don't like it, it'll get all through and over and around everything.

If you like it, no harm done. One of the better nitrate sponges around too.

I thought I would bump this up and ask again.

I'm ready to take this war on Utricularia to the next level.

Does anyone know which of the following mosses and liverworts can withstand a peroxide dip and/or having it syringed into the aquarium?? And at what concentrations? 3% or 6%?

Weeping moss

Fissidens

Mini pellia

Peacock moss

Thanks for any help you can offer.

i guess none of them can withstand peroxide, the only effective way of removing them is by hand picking them.(one of my friend has been working hard for the last 2-3 years but has not succeeded in getting rid of them.)

It's not carnivorous like Ultricularia Gibba if that's what you mean' date=' it's only nasty if you don't like it, it'll get all through and over and around everything.

If you like it, no harm done. One of the better nitrate sponges around too.[/quote']

Sorry, you're wrong. All Utrics are carnivorous but the traps are finer, its main prey are water flea larvae and similar. There is actually a meeting tomorrow night of the Australian

Carnivorous Plant Society in Burwood with a presentation by a good friend Greg Bourke. But yeah, this species just has targets different prey, I actually used to grow this plant

back in the UK and sold/traded a fair amount of it with other European CP Growers, some of the utrics are absolute stunners with gorgeous flowers particularly if you look to the

tropical and brazilian species such as Reniformis, Alpina etc.

But removing this from a tank is just a killer, I gave up, saved some cuttings and started from scratch again. So much time wasted with no gain

Sorry' date=' you're wrong. All Utrics are carnivorous but the traps are finer, its main prey are water flea larvae and similar. There is actually a meeting tomorrow night of the Australian

Carnivorous Plant Society in Burwood with a presentation by a good friend Greg Bourke. But yeah, this species just has targets different prey, I actually used to grow this plant

back in the UK and sold/traded a fair amount of it with other European CP Growers, some of the utrics are absolute stunners with gorgeous flowers particularly if you look to the

tropical and brazilian species such as Reniformis, Alpina etc.

But removing this from a tank is just a killer, I gave up, saved some cuttings and started from scratch again. So much time wasted with no gain[/quote']

I meant the nitella mate :p

I know all about all the Ultricularias, have them EVERYWHERE.

Especially in my Daphnia culture.