Mishling Info.

Robert

Here are some exact numbers FROM MY TANK for those who are keeping mishlings and would like to know how MY mishlings breed.

I had a mishling get berried on 04/04/13.

From MY EXPERIENCE in roughly 23 degree water it takes exactly 26 days.

This in turn would mean ill have shrimplets on the 30/04/13 which is in 2 days.

Today is the 28/04/13 and the eggs have developed colour which weren't displayed yesterday. Most noticeable egg colour i can see is blue as compared to yellow of a normal crs/cbs/mishling.

IN MY EXPERIENCE it takes 24 days in 23 degree water for eggs to develop their colour.

Don't you think it other factors would play part as well? Like the strength of mama and diet, wp, etc? As some of mishling girls dropped sooner than others in the same tank. So I say there is no such thing as exact numbers or days.

Why would any other factor but temperature affect the development of an egg? Its a self contained organism with no internal connection to the mother. It depends on external factors but i would think that temperature is the most major factor. Could Hardness, pH or tds affect egg development? whos to say. This is more of a log entry for me. Im tracking a few other berried mishlings at the moment and keep updating with my results.

Here are some exact numbers for those who are keeping mishlings.

Final summation it takes 24 days in 23 degree water for eggs to develop their colour.

Pics to prove (uploading)

If it is a log for yourself then what is with the previous quotes? I'm just saying from my Mish girls that it is not always the case, thats all. It is a self contained organism but it still relies on the mum to fan it etc...If not fungus and dies.

Well in that case my numbers are wrong and i made up the dates and temperatures. What i wrote above is purely fictional and is not intended to be taken seriously.

3628_10200433900801944_193664826_n.jpg

Three lower eggs that are darker then the rest are blue. Sorry for the bad drawing.

I don't understand did I say something to offend you? All I did was ask a question and say that some of my girls developed and dropped quicker than others that's all, if that offended you I apologise.

Although I have only had one batch of mischling bubs, my experience is similar to Roberts. 23 deg water, berried for 27 days, eggs became coloured like above pic approx 3 days before hatching.

Similar but not exact, this is what I was trying to say. In my exp there is no exact numbers, days when it comes to shrimp.