5 star hotel

MrShrimp

Interesting! :encouragement: So that's what the clear hose off the inlet pipe above the pump is, I was wondering what that was. How often do you think you'll have to empty the old water out of the waste tank? :confused:

Interesting! :encouragement: So that's what the clear hose off the inlet pipe above the pump is' date=' I was wondering what that was. How often do you think you'll have to empty the old water out of the waste tank? :confused:[/quote']

It works out about 3 liters a day but I have decide to extend the tube all the way outside my window.old water will drip in a container for my garden. This way if I forget then the water will over flow out side into drains. I stole this idea from Deano :)

Awesome dude, he is the Guru :encouragement: Me thinks I will be doing this in my new setup, thanks heaps dude & Dean of course :victorious:

edit: Where did you get the top up system from?

Dean was the brains behind this set up. If it wasn't for him' date=' I would made some very costly mistake which would be very hard to change once the water is in. Thanks Deano :)[/quote']

Well thanks to Dean as well. You may have to be his local representative now :D

Got to say nice setup. i was wondering when you said you had a drip system for you water changes. does this mean you never do a % based water change or do you still do the % based water changes just that the drip system keeps the tank full of water

Hey darktim, I have 100 liters in my holding tank. It will drip the whole 100 liters in 30 days. Thats 20% so it's like 10% every 2 weeks. I didn't have room for extra water for evaporation loss but it should be ok.

I only made the stand and pluming and the dividers in the sump.

I love that system it looks amazing, exactly the sort of rack I'd love to build. Can't wait to see it when it's stocked

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow thays amazing wow wow wow :-) mine looks shabby compared to that beast lol but hey mine is still a work in progress

...have you got it all set up and complete? Would love to see pix :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Will do an update in a couple of weeks when shrimplets are a bit bigger for the camera. Thanks for your question and thought blackcat :)