5 star hotel

MrShrimp

Hi everyone its time for me to show you guys my new set up. ATM i have 6 seperate tanks but this is too much to maintain for me so i have decide to build a shrimp rack to make it easier fo me.I will post pics for now and see what you all think.

So this is the plumming

null_zps6322e840.jpg

5a256f06-d3dd-4ce4-b80b-3ff3d73e6e30_zpsc1c6ef07.jpg

5de38684-515d-4667-85b4-23816edccf59_zps94feefc1.jpg

null_zps3bc12642.jpg

null_zps71c0b980.jpg

this is my DIY sump

null_zpsead582c2.jpg

null_zps1cd25f32.jpg

null_zps8dfe9880.jpg

null_zpsf120d28c.jpg

null_zps897ae2af.jpg

For my lighing , i'm using 2x4ft pro up aqua z series LED light for the whole system

null_zps4b53e18d.jpg

I'm using DE BARY aqua UV sterilizer

null_zps03bb94c2.jpg

For my water change , i'm using the drip system. My holding tank is localted on top of the rack.

28799b89-ac35-4b69-8f63-4963f4e764e1_zps8f643ecb.jpg

0588e119-2eaa-4452-b327-c3e0dc50d89f_zps26565760.jpg

I'm using benibachi soil from Boss aquaria , I have 8 cm of soil in each section with is a total of 12 bags and as you can see the water is ph 5.4

null_zps1f9d4118.jpg

My tank is cycling atm with dwarf boibitus and mini fissiden

null_zpsd3f60a70.jpg

• HOF Member

Another awesome setup well done. Look forward to seeing it all up and running:encouragement:

Awesome!! looks very well thought out well done mate! look forward to more updates:encouragement:

Awesome. Pure awesome-ness. What type of sword plants am i looking at in the last picture?

Fantastic...love and appreciate the attention to detail to the pipe work and layout ! Excellently done ! Love black silicon !

Andrew you've done an amazing job on this rack. I really like the way it looks so functional and professional.

Wow dude awesome setup! Looks very cool indeed, such a clean & easy to maintain system, very well done :encouragement:

Andrew you've done an amazing job on this rack. I really like the way it looks so functional and professional.

Been waiting for you to build your shrimp rack Dorian, just remember sooner or later it's going to happend and we'll all be Waiting for your thread :)

I would build it now if it wasn't for having a little one due in a couple of months and then intending to move sometime after that. I may have to rack your brain for ideas (pun intended).

Dean was the brains behind this set up. If it wasn't for him, I would made some very costly mistake which would be very hard to change once the water is in. Thanks Deano :)

Tank x 2 = $760

holding tank = $160

sump tank = $80

all meadia = $400 ( only half full ) total killer

pluming PVC = about $140

ehiem compact 5000 L/h = $250

de bary uv sterilizer = $300

led lights x 2= $280

auto top up system = $ 30

12 bags of benibachi soil = about $680

home made metal stand = $100 for metal

Black paint = $30

Bloody beautiful! Thanks for the upload may need to pinch some of these ideas in the near future.

Tank x 2 = $760

holding tank = $160

sump tank = $80

all meadia = $400 ( only half full ) total killer

pluming PVC = about $140

ehiem compact 5000 L/h = $250

de bary uv sterilizer = $300

led lights x 2= $280

auto top up system = $ 30

12 bags of benibachi soil = about $680

home made metal stand = $100 for metal

Black paint = $30

Nice one dude, other than the tanks, looks like the media & soil are the killers. :dejection: How many liters is the system? :encouragement:

Rack is around 450 liters including the sump. Holding tank is 100 liters which will drip for a month untill it's empty.

Does your holding tank only top up evaporation or does it actually cause an overflow & drain out somewhere else in the sump?

Does your holding tank only top up evaporation or does it actually cause an overflow & drain out somewhere else in the sump?

The holding tank should hold about 20% of the racks volume. I have a small tube coming from the outlet pipe which I will have to drip the old tank water out about 100 liters . At the same time , the holding tank will drip new water into the sump using an auto top up system. This way I never have to do water change.