Finally - My new setup (Shrimp Stand 1)

KiwiBigD

really looking forward to getting the first lot in.

So are we dude :encouragement:

Lookin good Davin :), what type of racking are you using to support all that weight? Are you leaving your sole filtration to just the internal filters or is there plans to also utilise sponge filters?

Heat won't be an issue' date=' I need to resolve the current high temperatures as it is, suspect a couple of the heaters have gotten stuck otherwise I'm looking to replace the

lighting. I'm hoping its just a faulty thermometer as my tanks are showing 27c presently [/quote']

I would be looking at the Eheim Jager heaters that you bought. I had problems with them before not calibrating correctly and being unable to change the temperature on them.

When I said did plan for next summer heat, I meant for your guest in the garage not the shrimps. Like did you get a mini bar, slurpy machine, ice cream maker. Lol

I've switched back to purely internal filtration as the air pumps we've found reverberate throughout the house as we were running a fair number. The internalfilters are whisper quiet, literally and just makes a more pleasant environment and we can sleep at night, at least thats the theory anyway. I also find theyprovide a good measured turnover in terms of volume and thats what I was looking for. I may add air pumps again come summer as supplimentary filtration tohelp with surface agitation but at the moment things are looking pretty good.

When I said did plan for next summer heat, I meant for your guest in the garage not the shrimps. Like did you get a mini bar, slurpy machine, ice cream maker. Lol
The beer fridge has already been considered, that and a couch.
I would be looking at the Eheim Jager heaters that you bought. I had problems with them before not calibrating correctly and being unable to change the temperature on them.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to test that next I suspect, thanks for the heads up on that mate.
Lookin good Davin :), what type of racking are you using to support all that weight? Are you leaving your sole filtration to just the internal filters or is there plans to also utilise sponge filters?
The racking is Long Span Racking from Unirack, and weight is perfect. I was able to lie down on the shelves without any issues at all. The lot I've got have been tested to a much heavierloading that what I'm throwing on them so she'll be right. Really glad is concrete for the floor though.

I brought 2 ehiem heaters last year and both my LFS didn't know how to calaberate the heater. I was getting wrong reading on my temp. To this very day, I still don't know how to calaberate the red and blue dial. Now I just place the red dial in the center and adjust the blue part. It is design to get a more accurate reading but it's no good if no one can help me.just my frustrating experience.

I brought 2 ehiem heaters last year and both my LFS didn't know how to calaberate the heater. I was getting wrong reading on my temp. To this very day' date=' I still don't know how to calaberate the red and blue dial. Now I just place the red dial in the center and adjust the blue part. It is design to get a more accurate reading but it's no good if no one can help me.just my frustrating experience.[/quote']

They are pretty simple to calibrate, put the heater in the tank & let it run for at least 24hrs, check the temp of the water with a thermometer(a trusted one is preferred) then adjust the red marker to the temp on the blue ring & it's calibrated, from then on just adjust the blue ring to the desired temp using the red marker as the pointer(don't need move the red marker at all) The reason they have adjustable calibration is so they can be adjusted when the ambient temp changes which, as you know, effects the temp & effectiveness of the heater, ie the temp it heats to in winter will be different to what it does in summer so will need to adjust the calibration(red ring) accordingly. Hope this isn't too confusing :encouragement:

Thx squiggle, still confusing. Sorry to high jack your thread Davin.

Thx squiggle' date=' still confusing. Sorry to high jack your thread Davin.[/quote']

Perfectly fine by me, I need to go home and calibrate that by the sounds of it, hopefully thats the issue in which case I should be right as opposed

to using one of the spare 10+ heaters I've got sitting there LOL

Yeah the biggest problem with those heaters is that the calibration ring is turned right down so if your tank is at 27deg & the red ring points to the 21deg mark on the blue ring & you adjust the blue ring to point at the 27deg mark the tank will actually be heated to 33deg. :dejection: This is the most common reason people think their heater is stuck on but it's not really, it's heating to what it's set at, it's just not calibrated properly :encouragement: If it was stuck on then the temp would be more like 40-45deg.