Carpet- About to flood

blindfisherman

After dry starting this tank for the last 4 or so months, I am about to flood it.

It is a 2x1.5x1.5 with HC and UG.

As at 28/4/13

20130428104944.jpg

On 22/2/13

20130222200902.jpg

Holy hell. Remember to PUMP the co2 and ease it down. Itll help the plants adjust or youll be very disappointed watching it all melt. Try using existing tank water to flood it also.

Holy hell. Remember to PUMP the co2 and ease it down. Itll help the plants adjust or youll be very disappointed watching it all melt. Try using existing tank water to flood it also.

That is the plan :)

Wow that is looking very lush! Great progress and kudos to your patience :)

Will be following your flood with fingers and toes crossed!

Wow dude, that's the coolest carpet I've ever seen, so lush & even, well done! :encouragement:

Looks excellent, almost a shame to flood it. Looking forward to see how it goes

how much of the 6 kg co2 can I use in 1 month? :p haha I

Looks awesome......please do keep us posted on the flooding, and a step by step progress would be fab ! Great work...

• 2 weeks later...

That looks great. So lush and green. Are you stocking with any fish or shrimp?

havent had time to so this so its probably got a months more growing before flooding.

anyone need hc/ug in the mean time.

as for stocking. thinking blue cherries or maybe dark chocolates could look pretty good on the green.

So after all this time I think I'm coming to the realisation I cant really be bothered to keep up with the trimming and maintenance on another high light tank.

New plan - Rip it all out, fill it with benibachi, goldvine, needle leaf and mini pellia, Pull a bulb out of the light and just chuck some CRS from the shed in it.

.....Anyone want some HC/UG? 10x10 cm for $20.. Nice and healthy / algae free :)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GO HOME!

I will keep it if you come and maintain it rob :)

Uni and work is pushing 70++ hours a week and its leaving me little time for other stuff.

Bummer dude, it was the best carpet I'd ever seen, pitty about the maintenance, it will be a shame to pull it all out :dejection:

Bummer dude' date=' it was the best carpet I'd ever seen, pitty about the maintenance, it will be a shame to pull it all out :dejection:[/quote']

yeah. I would like to bring some crs and eventually some tb's out of the shed so I can see them more often.

I dont particularly want to have them in with the amount of ferts and co2 it would take to keep it looking lush

Ill just trade ya. One berried mishling for the complete tank. Throw it out on the balcony

I hear ya dude, still a bummer to have to pull up such a lovely carpet, :dejection: Awesome bargain for whoever buys it though :encouragement:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...