Things going sweet!

shrimpstan

hey guys,

around a month or so ago i had my first pregnant crs which was awesome!! a big fat ss no entry. i was so stoked! i then had my first batch of shrimplets and was overwhelmed with how cool these shrimplets are with there already vivid colouration. so a couple weeks later and ive seen a nice group of little shrimplets spread accross the tank.

a week or so after ss was berried i found 2 more s crs preg.. than another ss.. then 2 rilis.. i bought a couple preg sunkists n a sss pair with a already berried girl.. turns out their both girls cos their both berried now :) then a nice gold with gold male.. as well as a couple others.. i have over 10 pregnant shrimps and im tryin to prepare for what is soon to be a massive increase in population.. some of the girls are really fat holding 20 plus!! the icing on the cake... the first ss girl that gave me my first batch of shrimplets was found yesterday with another big sack of eggs... to my fav sss male :) :)

any tips out there? luckily this arvo i realised theres a massive mulberry tree over the back fence... such a God send!!

the girl that got the shrimp wheel in motion...

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5651/dsc0020pu.jpg

the two preg sss i have (only 1 preg in this photo tho)

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/203/dsc0087ve.jpg

one of the preg sunkist

20130418211902.th.jpg

2 prego rilis

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/546/dsc0374xo.jpg

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/545/dsc0381ud.jpg

my fav 2 sss males

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/200/dsc0435b.jpg

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/62/dsc0444m.jpg

one of my lil shrimplets..

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/4/20130412153209.jpg

a couple more while im at it

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/803/dsc0308a.jpg

http://imageshack.com/scaled/grid240/832/dsc0448lb.jpg

hope these pics work well.. its my first time :redface-new:

any feedback muchly appreciated!!

enjoy pics... will be more to come!!

cheers,

shrimpstan

You need to get some powdered food like Biozyme or something similar, also bee pollen is great for shrimplets. Spirulina, barley grass powder or nettle leaf powder are great veggie powders & leaves like mulberry, kale & Indian almond leaf are awesome too :encouragement:

Hi buddy good to see u finally made it on here :)

keep posting and the site will open more for u or pay for premium membership which opens the whole site including the classifieds :)

I also use organic Almond Meal, its really fine, you don't need much of it and shrimps love it. Also use the Biozyme, bee pollen and a variety

of other organic eateries, Coles and most supermarkets have a great isle for the organic stuff and you don't need much.

Hi buddy good to see u finally made it on here :)

keep posting and the site will open more for u or pay for premium membership which opens the whole site including the classifieds :)

haha yeah man finally sorted the problem out.. it was the auto log in thing after all! pressed 'remember me' n havnt looked back since ;) happy to be a part of this shrimping crew! :)

btw do u know how many posts until the classifieds open?

cheers

thanks kiwibigD and squiggle for ur advice and suggestions! :) much appreciated!

i fed some spirulina tonight, a few flakes, and they loved it! put in half an almond leaf and i bought some shirakura baby food..seems like it basically the same as biozyme? it does the feces stuff too :P

i also have a massive jar of decapsulated brine shrimp eggs, which cost me a bunch, it is very good for raising small fry and i have s* loads of it.. can i use it also to feed shrimps?

i can see the eyes on the sunkist eggs tonight :)

haha yeah man finally sorted the problem out.. it was the auto log in thing after all! pressed 'remember me' n havnt looked back since ;) happy to be a part of this shrimping crew! :)

btw do u know how many posts until the classifieds open?

cheers

yeah where do i pay it? im keen!

hahaha i replied myslef! still gettin the hang of it all :stupid:

Classified are only for premium members

$12.50 per year :)

well worth it

where do i do this?

i also have a massive jar of decapsulated brine shrimp eggs' date=' which cost me a bunch, it is very good for raising small fry and i have s* loads of it.. can i use it also to feed shrimps? [/quote']

I'm not sure how that would go but it just doesn't seem right, Shrimp eatin Shrimp, lol :smiley_simmons: Like that add on tele, chicken eatin chicken just ain't right, lol :stupid:

I'm not sure how that would go but it just doesn't seem right' date=' Shrimp eatin Shrimp, lol :smiley_simmons: Like that add on tele, chicken eatin chicken just ain't right, lol :stupid:[/quote']

but they not really shrimp like our shrimp. it has a very high protein.. 55%!!

Yeah I know, I use them for my Endler & Betta fry, they have even more if you gut load them :encouragement: I was just making a joke like the tele add for "Roadies" where the guys pick up a guy in a chicken suit & he starts eating the roast chicken ones & they kick him out of the car cause "there's something just not right about a chicken eatin chicken" oh well, I thought it was funny :cower:

haha all good.. dont know the add ur talkin bout but yea chicken eatin chicken is a little nasty.

i did end up using it and the shrimp went nuts for it.. 55% protein (most other foods around 30%).. these guys will be massive :p

• HOF Member
I also use organic Almond Meal' date=' its really fine, you don't need much of it and shrimps love it. Also use the Biozyme, bee pollen and a variety

of other organic eateries, Coles and most supermarkets have a great isle for the organic stuff and you don't need much.[/quote']

Just fed my shrimp some almond meal and have a bit of a frenzy happening- Thanks BigD:encouragement:

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, i just thought i'd do a little update as i finally seem to have some spare time and some of my shrimplets are now kinda visible even though i dont yet have a macro.

so basically my ss mumma popped about a month ago so there looking quite nice, 2 of my blue gene red rilis popped a couple weeks ago.. along with two of my s grades and a few days ago my sss dropped her load too so i have many little guys running around the place. the rilis have a definite blue tinge but are too small to get a clear pic as well as the sss but they'll all be coming soon.. besides which my ss girl popped sss anyways :) all thanks goes to 2OFUS!!!

sss shrimplets 1 month old

dsc0662nz.jpgdsc0446b.jpg

ss shrimplets

dsc0110go.jpgdsc0448lb.jpgdsc0618cz.jpg

s grade shrimps.. there are heaps of these guys with very good colour :)

dsc0193rh.jpg

i know the last pics i posted sucked so heres one of the preggo rilis that just popped

dsc0700a.jpg

and the other Rili that popped

dsc0374xo.jpg

rili shrimplets (its soooo small.. in the middle 2/3 down.. and no, not the crs next to it :P u should see a blue tinge)

dsc0214xd.jpg

and another one... for all u non believers :P

dsc0185jj.jpg

a pic of the tiger tooth's that just popped

dsc0127gm.jpg

photos of some of my sss

dsc0087xlv.jpgdsc0141jn.jpgdsc0373pl.jpgdsc0453bv.jpgdsc0444m.jpg

and a couple of nice groupies

dsc0166lh.jpgdsc0360lh.jpgdsc0360lh.jpgdsc0339wx.jpg

will be more updates in weeks to come as the little guys grow a bit more.

anyways guys hope u enjoy the pics!! :)

good stuff i share your excitement! You can really see the blue t inge on that rili shrimplet :)

Great pics shrimpstan! Pretty good even without the macro...

So many shrimplets!!! Looks like you've got a little GB/SW in there?

I cant believe that even your rilli shrimplets look bluer than my supposed blue velvet/spider man shrimplets :/

Wow great pics! Beautiful shrimp, I'm jealous! Love the pics of the babies, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling seeing them thrive :D