Microcrabs

jacet

Hi All,

Just looking around at different things and seen these things called microcrabs... they look smaller than a shrimp and seem from the small bit of research i have done live ok with shrimp.... Ok does any one know if they are in Australia and if so how much would these little guys be worth...

There is the Cherry crab from SA, but it likes cool water. My bigger crabs don't worie shrimp except when to many are hitch hiking the brush them of, it is rather funny to see and I never have a Video cameras with me to film it DAM.

As for Micro crabs I have not herd of them, but that is nothing to go by, they just might be here?

Bob

Sounds intriguing. I would love to know if these little guys are available in Australia.

Since I have only ever seen micro crabs advertised as being from Thailand I bet we have an Australian equivalent that possibly just has not been found/ classified yet..... Bob better get some fine nets for your next expedition just in case.

• HOF Member
There is the Cherry crab from SA' date=' but it likes cool water. My bigger crabs don't worie shrimp except when to many are hitch hiking the brush them of, it is rather funny to see and I never have a Video cameras with me to film it DAM.

As for Micro crabs I have not herd of them, but that is nothing to go by, they just might be here?

Bob[/quote']

so Bob where do they live?

?????????????? Dam I would like to know

Most likely The tip of the Cape or the top of NT, or even the Kimberly, there is some dam wonderful stuff in the Kimberly, some of the photos I have seen from there WOW

Bob

• HOF Member

I thought you said a cherry crab was in SA? I was going to go and sort them out for you!! Guess not huh

Yea Cherry Crabs are around the South East of SA I believe, I was speculating about Tropical Micro Crabs. Any thing is possible in the North of the country.

Bob

• HOF Member

I'm not near the South East or I would find out where they live. One thing for sure when we go caravaning I'm going to take some nets and jars and check out any water ways we go to!