Snails in my tank!

Steph2692

Just be very careful which snails you go taste testing, some are not edible. I remember seeing a show about a lady that was raising snails for a French restaurant in Melbourne and she used old front opening washing machines. So she had a room full of washing machines and snails that where getting fattened up then purged to go to the fine dining tables in the restaurant.

Yes, I remember seeing a show about somebody farming snails in the Hunter Valley in NSW.

Not in washing machines though. Funny idea!

No, Ninja! Not Yuk! Snails are quite tasty! Trust me :D

I've eaten them before (burgundy snails).

Z

I prefer them alive though...snails are cute!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtWbu3SZQWYMdVJo28ikaIycPLt-a_L--JTTai_1QkNXILuX3E

Yes, I do have a garden, but I'm not growing vegetables and stuff. so I don't mind the snails.

But I can understand how frustrating it is, if you try to grow things and they get eaten by snails.

Ask me about possums and trees. GRRRRRR!

We used to feed our resident female brushtail possum and she tended to then leave our plants and mango trees alone. She did however work out how to open the birdseed container that used to stay on the roof of my aviary. Once I knew she was opening the lid, I found a new home for the seed container. I actually miss not having possums around where I live now, although I don't miss the males fighting and scaring the crap out of you in the middle of the night or the football games and scrums taking place on the roof.

Hm, not a bad idea. Maybe I should try and feed them. They are even cuter than snails after all! :)

I know the problem with them opening food containers. They do the same in our shed with the cat food and chicken food.

At least our roof is too steep for them to play football on, hehehe. :encouragement:

The benefit of feeding a female is that A if she is friendly enough you can play with her babies when they come out of the pouch, also she will be more determined to protect her source from other possums. If you feed by hand though never let the possum get a hold of your fingers, they smell food on them and take a test bite really quickly, as my sister found out after I had already warned her.

Yeah we had a mummy possum at our old place & we fed her & the babies by hand, eventually you could pat her on the back while feeding her, very cool experience. My missus & I were having dinner on the balcony & the possum sat on the end of the table & ate some veggies while we had dinner, another cool experience :encouragement: