Little stripey shimplets!

torface

So I got home from my 12 days at work again last night and my big tank was full of tiny little stripey babies :D I have no idea how my boyfriend didn't notice them.... The parents are CBS but some of the babies look like CRS? Maybe there was a crossed line somewhere or maybe they're just going to grow up to be low quality CBS...

Sorry for the rubbishy photos!

post-12-139909861478_thumb.jpg

post-12-13990986148_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know how long roughly it is from when you can see eyes in the eggs to shrimplets being born? I'm getting impatient about my spide shrimp babies lol

post-1938-139909860207_thumb.jpg

post-1938-139909860211_thumb.jpg

Awesome work torface, they look very cool, I love seeing shrimplets :victorious:

Those colours definitely look CRS to me, thats cool. Just means they're carrying the gene and you need to selectively breed for pure CBS,

nothing like a challenge to improve the gene pool.

I didnt realise CBS could have CRS babies! That's cool though, I will separate them out when they get a bit bigger... saves me buying CRS :D

Yep they definitely can have CRS babies as well as brown babies, but who cares shrimplets are cool.

Yep I certainly don't care what they are. I'm being successful in my first attempt at keeping crystal shrimp so i'm happy :D

It's still a constant battle to keep my tank cool though. Probably should get that chiller sooner rather than later..

• HOF Member

Did you know you had a berried female? I must have lost that post somewhere along the way. Congratulations. I"m very jealous you have beat me with the CBS and also the Rilis!!!!

Yes i think i had 2 shrimps already berried when they arrived. So its not COMPLETELY my doing lol ... Im not sure i actually posted about it though as i wasnt 100% sure that they were berried or not!

Waistcoat, my blue girl is almost ready to pop. Pretty sure i can see the eyes, so hopefully not too long now...

I have 2 berried yellow girls too, and they've been berried longer than the blue but the eggs don't seem as ready... Weird!

• HOF Member

I still haven't had any luck with my yellows. I had 1 berried girl but had to move her and she didn't hold the eggs so still waiting. I have taken 2 of the boys out so I have 2 girls and 1 boy but if things don't happen I may have to put the other boys back in with them. The girls have been saddled for a couple of months. I think they are happier now because they are no longer hiding all the time.

The eggs takes about 4 weeks to hatch. Most of us know the feeling your having ATM . Did you do the running man dance.

Well the yellows have been berried for at least 3 weeks. So hopefully soon i will have little yellow shrimplets :)

The blue has only been berried for 2 and a half weeks, but her shrimplets look more advanced. It could be because her tank is a few degrees warmer...

We'll see anyway.... :D

My yellows took about 3-4 weeks & then BAM! all six girls dropped withing a week, lots of little yellow shrimplets everywhere & now the girls are saddled up again & two of them are berried again. These yellows are machines! :victorious: Can't wait to see SpiderShrimplets :encouragement:

Hey Torface, those stripey little shrimp are so cool. Lucky you! :applause:

I really need to get stripey ones too!

Meanwhile I am waiting for my yellow cherry to "give birth" and another saddled one to fall pregnant. :)

Congrats torface, what a great way to be welcomed back. Don't forget to feed them powdered foods...

They've been getting bee pollen until my other stuff arrives. Hopefully that will suffice... There's a good bio film in this tank anyway I believe.

just noticed another berried CBS so I'll be getting more soon! Whoop whoop!