interesting find!

ineke

• HOF Member

I'm still sorting through my RCS tank and found a saddled female that is almost clear but she has a blue tinge only very pale but it is there! A while ago fish3fish4 gave me a few males that had rili in their background so it must come from one of them. I had noticed that in the last 2 hatchings there were some lighter babies showing up which was a bit disappointing but this may be the reason. She is the first breeding size that has been light so will need to check out the babies as I catch them out. I have put her in with my rilis for the moment and will see how she colours up when she has settled. I'm quite pleased because I haven't found any blue females in my rili tank yet. Not saying they are not in there but I haven't noticed them.

Bring on the blues!!!

Doesn't it always happen that when you decide to change direction something gets thrown in your way!!!

Still giving away the reds but will check the colours very closely first!!:)

That's awesome Ineke, always love the curve balls that get thrown through breeding, very interesting to see what comes of her :encouragement:

• HOF Member

just found another one but a true rili this time head and tail red blue tinge body. When my reds have gone I'm putting all the red rilis into the big tank and then keeping any of the blue velvet in the little cube to keep an eye on them. So my reds are going to give me a few surprises before they go :cheerful:

• HOF Member

Thanks DG17 it's a nice parting gift! At least when I give the light cherries away the new owner may get a few little surprises- not so good if they want to breed darker cherries though!

• HOF Member

I've released her in to the rili tank so will have to see when she comes out. At first I thought she was a pale yellow because her saddle was very yellow but once caught and put in a foam esky she was the palest blue. She is hiding at the moment because the boys are on the prowl

• HOF Member

Sorry about the picture quality I took the tank apart to find her then took heaps of photos and they were all really really bad:(She has a large yellow saddle and the blue is very pale almost lavender I will try again but need to let them settle down as there is a berried girl in the tank. Sorry there are some things I just CAN"T do!

• HOF Member

No She is pretty well clear, darn phone pictures. When I first saw her I thought she was a pale yellow but it was just her saddle. Against a white background she is the palest of blue almost lavender. I do think she is from one of the red males that had a rili gene. I will try and take a better picture tomorrow when she should have settled. I will be putting all the red rilli's in another tank as soon as the RCS have gone and then keep her with my blue velvet males and see what happens. Just hope she doesn't get berried before then but at least it will be with a rilli. I don't know why the pictures were so bad sometimes I don't like me!!!

LOL taking shrimp photos can be pretty hard without a decent camera :)

• HOF Member

I know but sometimes I do exactly the same things and they are really great next time all fuzzy. i know it's the operator but that doesn't help much!

Nice shrimp Ineke, you can just make out the blue in her. IME it's always the nut on the back of the camera that's the problem with my photos, lol :smiley_simmons:

• HOF Member

yes squiggle I have already said that :dejection:!!!! Why is it though that sometimes it works?????? Anyway she is a nice little shrimp so will just have to wait and see what she produces.

I'm definitely there with you, I usually take about fifty pics to get one good one, lol :encouragement: