RCS Grades: Really! Is there such a thing in Australia at the moment?

KillieOrCory

Don't know if you guys know this but Wp isn't actually the biggest factor in red cherries. It is the amount of three things.

1. Sunlight

2. The amount of Green water bacteria

3. Biofilm

Has anyone ever noticed that a lot of very high quality cherries are in planted tanks especially in Ada soil? Or in ponds? Cause they have all three.

Here's an example of selby89's tank. I sent him some standard cherries and they look like this in his Ada planted tank

:O trust me these cherries were not selected I have him standards

post-1452-139909851192_thumb.jpg

post-1452-139909851195_thumb.jpgpost-1452-139909851199_thumb.jpg

post-80-139909850038_thumb.jpg

post-80-13990985004_thumb.jpg

post-80-139909850041_thumb.jpg

I have resonably decent reds in a tank which gets 0 sun light has a uv so no water bacteria and is pretty much bare with just plain inert gravel :s

Most likely your shrimp genetics are better than mine ;) you haven't notice that people who claim to have raps of good reds have heavily planted tanks?

• HOF Member

I had cherries in both planted and moss tanks. The females are very dark as adults but not so dark when younger. No direct sunlight but a bright sun filled room, one tank half ADA and half inert gravel other tank inert gravel. Dark females originally in the inert tank with fewer plants then moved to tank of ADA /inert gravel with half the tank heavily planted and I must say I can't see any difference in them but they are either painted or fire quality to start with.

Interesting, that's the opposite of how my cherries ran.... I must have fairly low genes from this stock!

• HOF Member

Mine are all going tomorrow so won't be able to take pictures but yes it might be the stock you start with. My best ones are going to 2OFUS so maybe if they have different WP's and conditions they may change but mine have stayed a really good red in all WP's including when I had a few in with the crystals in their WP's