Can you spot the Blackmore River Shrimp?

Baccus

Test how good your shrimp spotting abilities are with this picture. P1000429_zps40ae4a3e.jpg Here is a hint, the same female shrimp in the same place just different camera angle. P1000433_zpse82cbae4.jpg

Yes, but the real test is where is she in the first picture? :dejection:

Well camouflaged but bottom of the pic just to the right of center :encouragement:

Well camouflaged but bottom of the pic just to the right of center :encouragement:

I saw her straight away :D

A hint look to the left of the Malaysian Trumpet Snails.

• 1 month later...

Just had to add a new picture of one of my Blackmore River shrimp, they are really hard to spot and most of the time I only find them via seeing a bit of the black sand dancing about as the shrimp nibbles it. P1010075_zps7fac8c11.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After discovering a under water function on my camera, I have been having a heap of fun locating my near impossible to spot Blackmore River shrimp and getting some nice photos of them. So here are a couple of updates. P1010431_zps4b428ee9.jpg P1010428_zps39f8a25e.jpg P1010430_zps811ccdcc.jpg Today I even got some photos of one of my young chameleons just starting to colour up nicely and have been playing around getting photos of my Barney Springs shrimp which have gone a nice golden colour.

• 3 weeks later...

So this morning when inspecting my tanks with a torch before the tank lights came on, I discovered that my Blackmore River shrimp have had yet more babies. I have never seen the tiny newly hatched ones on the glass again but I do keep finding bubs from a couple of mm up to half grown getting about the tank. With so many of varing sizes it can only be that they are breeding and breeding pretty well. Which is a huge plus for me. Now I am hoping since the blackmores are doing so well once the red noses and chameleons are fully mature they will also start adding their offspring to the tank. Any way here is a shot of one of the berried females and another female that may be early berried and the eggs haven't gone dark yet. P1010648_zps9b1d42e5.jpg And just for the hell of it a juvi hitching a ride on a snail P1010649_zpsf6770faf.jpg

Slightly better pic of the berried female. And just noticed in the picture above that there is actually two juvi's of different sizes in the same shot. P1010644_zps3de6ed69.jpg