Sign in to follow this  
wayne6442

Snek Peek at some of my Projects

wayne6442

Hi , Thought I would just flash you a couple of pictures of my latest projects to be. These are a fact and a lot of hard work has gone into them so far HaHa:sleeping: .Let me know what you think? ENJOY![ATTACH=CONFIG]282[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]283[/ATTACH]post-29-139909856809_thumb.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]285[/ATTACH] PS Notice the range of colours! love no 3

Dean

nice work mate, always great to see such hard work paying off :)

Brado

nice cherries wayne!

Loach

Hey Wayne,

Wondering what your aiming for with these cherries?

wayne6442

Hi Loach, Not completely sure as yet, I think I will be concentrating on trying to get various stripe patterns and different colour variations. red longatude stripes like on the blue colour one would be nice to stabalize I have a couple like it in the tank so i am about to seperate them and see what I can do.. This tank has been kind of neglected over time and has a mixture of culs and good grade shrimp in there. so it is bit of an alladins cave at the moment. A dozen or so shrimp look promising. it was a mixture like this that i started my orange line from

Cheers

pappyy3

Great work wayne. I wish I had your patience and perseverance. Look forward to more updates.

BTW - Your orange Sunkist Cherries look awesome. A lot of work has obviously gone in there!!

Kimbo

Some good work there wayne!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Must Read SKF Articles

• Register today, ask questions and share your shrimp and fish tank experiences with us!

Join Our Community!

• jayc
      It must have been an aluminium heatsink. The Indium in Liquid metal will eat through aluminium. Only copper or nickel plated heatsinks can be used with liquid metal. It says so on the packet, at least my pack of Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut does.
    • jayc
    • kms
      I will try to add all the old tank's shrimps at the end of August to the new tank, had a problem with my chiller this morning, try to make it more efficient by adding a better heat sink grease, I added a liquid metal grease, apparently you can't add liquid metal, when heating up, the heat sink turning to dust, along with part of the cooler inlet and outlet. So far the shrimps are ok.    
    • sdlTBfanUK
      I have had the new shrimps a week and have ordered some new ones(10) for delivery friday. There are probably at least 6 of the 8 alive (they may even all be alive still) but as the tank is so densely planted it is difficult to tell, but I saw 2 black and 2 red this morning, as yesterday, but I'm sure 1 red and  1 black weren't the same as the ones I saw yesterday so there are probably at least 6, if that makes any sense??? Anyway that will be it for now and I will just let the tank and shrimps do there thing once this batch are in there in a couple of days, and I can get back to the usual routine as was, before this unfortunate event wiped out the last lot. All parameters are good, including the nitrates now, but there are a lot of brown patches on the plants and moss balls still......... It all looks a bit drab and uninspiring and brown!!! I probably just need to be a bit more patient? I will do some maintenance tomorrow and a small 2L water change, then the new shrimps will go in on friday after acclimatising. The shrimps were totally uninterested in the spinach or shrimp lolly I put in at the weekend but I am assuming they have so much biofilm at this stage that that is keeping them busy and well fed and they are staying under cover until they get used to their new environment and this strange ugly monster that keeps peering in at them through the glass from time to time? I guess if some 100ft tall bloke kept peering through my window a few times a day I would be a bit nervous/reserved shall we say? I removed the spinach and the shrimp lolly and put the shrimp lolly in the betta tank and within minutes there were 10 shrimp on it so there was definitely nothing wrong with that shrimp lolly! Simon
    • jayc
      Traps don't work on hydra. Even with planaria, it is slow and it doesn't catch them all.