The Cherry Shrimp Grading Guide (Neocaridina heteropoda)

NoGi

An ID on this shrimp is available here and here.

Cherry - Clear legs with body covered in a little colour.

SKF_LibraryCherryFemale.jpg

Sakura - Legs and bottom half covered in a little colour, top half has more colour coverage.

7500878880_935418c0ae_c.jpg

7500878636_d2b57c1804_c.jpg

Fire - Full coverage of colour including the legs. Saddle and eggs on the female still visible under regular lighting.

7589641854_091e08ed28_c.jpg

Painted Fire - Same as Fire except the saddle and eggs on the female only visible under special lighting.

attachment.php?attachmentid=573

Rilli/Rili - Solid portions of the shrimp are transparent. The more transparency, the higher the grade.

7674725128_1accc59949_c.jpg

7778835270_2c996eff61_c.jpg

This is the article I had in the Library and I think it still holds true - for any of the coloured variations. I'm putting this out here again to validate my thoughts.

I'll update the article with pics from other colour variations as I get them.

Note 1 - Rili and Rilli seems to be used, which one is correct?

Note 2 - See what I mean by I don't think that the currently described blue rili as being a true rili. If it had a solid coloured head then yeah sure but not if the whole thing is simply light\jellyfish blue.

I know it will make it a bit harder, but any chance of adding males with the colour morphs?

Thanks Nogi.

Not sure whether its 'Rilli" or "Rili"... although when you search for it on Google. More stuff comes up when you search "Rili" so maybe that's the general consensus?

P.s. the link at the top doesnt work!

I know it will make it a bit harder' date=' but any chance of adding males with the colour morphs?[/quote']

We can have whatever picture we want as long as someone takes it :tears_of_joy: I prefer to use member sourced images with permission rather than taking something of someone else's website. If anyone has good macro shots, watermark them and send to me for inclusion.

P.s. the link at the top doesnt work!

Fixed - it's a library article so relevant membership will be needed to view.

Also, this thread (first post anyway) will replace the library article.

• HOF Member

Excellent Nogi now I know that some of my girls are fire with a possible painted fire plus a few males have moved up to Sakura .