Yellow cherry just wont get pregnant again?

K9932

Hi all

So I have a bit of an issue with my yellow females. They have both been pregnant before, one gave birth and got berried again straight away but then she and the other female both dropped their eggs. Now they won't even acknowledge the males in there. They have big ready saddles and seem happy enough. What can I do ?

Ph 6.5

Nitrate 0

Ammonia 0

Temp 24

be patient young padwan, what do you have in the tank with the shrimp?

i have females in with males and they wont berry up -shrugs- not much else i can do except wait patiently :)

Nothing except one small bristlenose. Beforr when they were berried I had 4 - 5 bn in there with them and they were fine

• HOF Member

I'm having the same problem but my ph is 7.4 with the Yellows yet the Reds breed like crazy in the same conditions (seperate tanks). I think patience and not adjusting too many things at the same time is the key. I played around with the Reds tank trying to change PH and TDS and they stopped breeding now stability seems to be the key. As they say It won't happen overnight but it will happen!!!

Presume they've got a good variety of diet..try doing a 10% water change perhaps

thats it, patience is the key. i had my rillis for about 2 months and all the females are full of eggs. Just 2-3 days ago two of them finally got berried. i did had a berried rilli a few weeks back but she died while berried.

Patience??? What's that?

I've had my yellows for a full 2 weeks now and they are still not pregnant. *sigh*

Every morning I race to my tank and check on my 2 saddled females.... :redface-new:

Come on shrimpies! Hurry up!

• HOF Member

I've had my yellows for months . I had one berried but due to having to move her she dropped them. So now I have 2 saddled females but at least they are now in water suited to them except they will have to be moved again as soon as their new tank has cycled. So I'm not expecting any berried girls any time soon. I'm slowly learning just to enjoy my shrimp and any babies are a bonus not a given. As long as everything is good WP etc just sit back and enjoy- yeah sure famous last words but I'm trying very hard to do it!:)

But Ineke...that's so NOT what I want to hear! :crushed:

I am enjoying them though they are cute to watch and always busy. :)

• HOF Member
But Ineke...that's so NOT what I want to hear! :crushed:

I am enjoying them though they are cute to watch and always busy. :)

I know but at least you know it is not just you . I love to sit and watch the shrimp I buzz around the room on my computer chair going from tank to tank to see what they are up to, just love it!

Try raising the pH and doing a decent 25% water change.

Try lowering the lights, lighting some candles and putting some sexy music on?

Try lowering the lights' date=' lighting some candles and putting some sexy music on?[/quote']

Now THAT makes sense! Why didn't I think of that before.

@ Ineke: Of cause we're talking about shrimp. ;)

Try lowering the lights' date=' lighting some candles and putting some sexy music on?[/quote']

Barry White usually work for me, lol :smiley_simmons:

Following BBs advice, a feed of frozen bloodworms and small water change has worked well for me.