Possible Shrimp Nuking

OzShrimp

I am buying an indoor/outdoor spray today from agnvet so fingers crossed.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OzShrimp

• ineke

• Squiggle

• 2OFUS

Just make sure you cover the tank extremely well

remember the final layer of covering should be damp towels so the mist sticks straight to it

We have the house sprayed professionally each year

and not 1 death to date

call me if u like so I can explain better

Well i am slowly winning the war outside atleast. We brought some stuff called Coopex residual insecticide and spray the entertaining area, hound house beds etc etc. And just went outside and only got 1 flea on me as opposed to 15 which i quickly squished.

This stuff can be used indoors aswell so will probably spray the inside tomorrow. Its just a pain mixing up 2 1/2l and only got a 500ml spray bottle lol.

I checked the dog to and thought she had black pigmentation but found it to be like 20 dead fleas so oorah to the tablets

• HOF Member

great stuff and good to work from outside in too!!! Hope it all goes well for you good luck

we have let the dog into the entertainment area so they can bite her and die now lol, sounds kinda harsh but its practical :)

Still the odd flea inside tho :(

• HOF Member

You will get on top of it don't worry it's not such a big deal it really was more the shrimp that were the problem. Just check whether you need to do a repeat spray to kill any new hatchlings unless the spray kills the eggs too

havent done inside yet lol ><, we are looking at more then likely having to bomb as we think they may have gotten ino our new lounge. not letting $2300 go to waste.

Hopefully not gonna lose 300-400 worth of shrimp still. D Day is likely to be monday due to me working the next 4 days

• HOF Member

Good luck hope it all goes okay. Bombs are bummers but they work well and about the only thing besides professional help that can get into all the nooks and corners. Like I said best do it properly and only have to do it once:encouragement:

Why don't you just get yourself a new house and move all the shrimp in there instead of risking shrimp lives? LOL! Joking mate, good luck with it, hope it all goes well for you. Make sure check and double check everything and if any doubts enter your mind don't take a halfassed approach, find a solution before nuking! Better safe than sorry!

Dooms Day is tomorrow!, got a 12hr night shift tonight coming home then have to bomb and drive an hour to lightning ridge to stay out of the house lol. Nothin to do where i live.

Fingers crossed all goes well! Starting a bit of my glad wrapping of tank now.

Thanks kinda nervous as S%^$ to tell you the truth! lol I have experienced deaths from a bomb before and it was devastating. That was in a small tank not a 4ft so could imagine the possible devastation....

Just got home from work,

heres some of my doomsday prepping :)

Stage 1

Cling wrap tank

Stage 2

place towel over top of cling wrapped tank

Stage 3

Cling wrap top of tank again over towel.

Stage 4

Repeated stage 3

Stage 5

Cling wrap regularly used items and water change bucket

Stage 6

cling wrap chiller

Stage 7

turn off air pumps and cling wrap them

Stage 8

place moist towels over top of fish tank

Stage 9

Leave location for 2 hours and cross absolutely every part of my body and hope for the best.

Stage 10

Option 1 - Unwrap tank and smile. Option 2 - Unwrap tank and cry.

Havent got up to stage 7 yet need to have some sleep and do it right before i go out.

Heres some pics tho :)

DSC00874_zpsb8a19b5b.jpgDSC00875_zpsab0f7893.jpgDSC00876_zps867be2e3.jpg

Advice provided from Gary (2Ofus) in relation to my doomsday prepping so kudos to him to :)

my shrimp nets and what not are under that first towel for safe keeping :)

Good luck with the flea bombing! May all your shrimp survive :)

Good luck with the Nuking, sending good vibes your way & I've got everything crossed too, some of them really hurt but it's worth while, lol :encouragement:

Don't forget to throw some sheets over the whole tank and sticky tape it to your tank so the tank is nice and covered

• HOF Member

Don't think you can do much more good luck!!! That tank looks awesome by the way!:encouragement:

right now the death count stands at zero.

Just unwrapped the pumps and turn them on along with chiller and heater so will see how we go in the next 24hrs.

They are all grouping up in corner atm so i fed them hoping they jsut hungry.