Cooksters RED CHERRY MALE

ineke

Many thanks Ineke.... I will upgrade to premium M/ship as soon as possible :encouragement:

As I explained to Ineke, the picture doesn't really show the red that well ... he is with the naked eye, a solid blood red.

• HOF Member

Ian it will be the best $12.50 you have ever spent. There is so much information on the forum and plenty of people to help you get a good grip on keeping shrimp. We do have lots of fun too plus competitions, classifieds and you can register for the weekly auction if you have a paypal account.

Thanks guys, I already feel like an old friend thanks to all of your warm and encouraging comments. I do have Paypal Ineke... it's the only way to buy online IMO

I can only hope that this male has good taste in his ladies and pursues a few of the nice red girls I have also.. :redface-new:

Nice looking male. Get him in with a nice red female or two for some selective breeding.

If only I had a spare tank to do so John :sour: ... I have only just got this set up going, and kept shrimp since Easter weekend..

I will have to crawl before I can Limp ... and then I'll learn to walk ;)

• HOF Member

You said you got 40 RCS are they all as nice as that one? It would be great to get a side on view of him too

Easier said than done Ineke... very heavily planted and they spend alot of their time in amongst the Plants... so I take my shots as the opportunity arises, but I will search through all my pics and see if I haven't got a few of the others.. and yes I did buy 40, some were Adult a lot of juvies and maybe 25% (mostly the girls) where a very nice red :)

• HOF Member

At least you are getting a good start and later when you get more tanks and youWILL get more tanks you can get the best ones out and try to breed them up.

Hahaha ... it seems Multiple Tank Syndrome and Shrimp keeping go hand in hand... and I would like nothing more than to try and 'line' breed the nicer ones

• HOF Member

Well there is nothing stopping you down the track. My reds are showing promise but still haven't found a nice boy like yours I'm not finding any clear boys anymore so that is a step up at least.

Good news Ineke ... I am one to share good fortune, if I am successful raising my first lot of juvies and there are 'red' males. I will let you know. ;)

• HOF Member

Ian that is very generous but I think if there are any good males going it would be great to offer them to the breeding program- I gave some of my best females as I thought it would be better for experienced breeders to line breed and really get the colours happening. I am still just dabbling and haven't really done any proper selective breeding. That is still in the future for me. But thank you for the offer.

Absolutely, it would be great to be able to contribute to such a program. Your welcome by the way :) ... I will get more info on this 'when' the time comes.

BTW .. where do I find the Premium membership sign-up

• HOF Member

If you go into settings at the top right hand of page and click on that then on the next page go to the left hand side about halfway down and click on subscriptions and that will lead you to the page. It is an annual subscription but you can opt out very easily. It really is worth it

If you go into settings at the top right hand of page and click on that then on the next page go to the left hand side about halfway down and click on subscriptions and that will lead you to the page. It is an annual subscription but you can opt out very easily. It really is worth it

Thank you ... :)

Now that I am a Premium Member... lol

I can share with you all some of my shrimpy family!!

post-12-139909861292_thumb.jpg

post-12-139909861294_thumb.jpg

post-2019-13990985074_thumb.jpg

post-12-139909861296_thumb.jpg

post-2255-139909849702_thumb.jpg

post-2255-139909849707_thumb.jpg

post-2255-139909849712_thumb.jpg

post-2255-139909849716_thumb.jpg

• HOF Member

Very nice lots of saddled females and a nice big mama too! Great colour you got some very nice shrimp. Did you get them in SA or elsewhere

Awesome work dude, stunning RCS you've got there, some great saddled females & couple of nice berried girls too, very well done! :encouragement:

Thanks guys, I think it is more good luck than good management at this stage. I have counted at least 6 maybe 7 berried girls Squiggle .. haha .. and a very generous seller to boot!

@Ineke - they came from Sellicks Beach area south of Adelaide... Leigh also gave me around 40 Paratya to put in with them as well.

They may only be 'Glass Shrimp', but they reflect some amazing hues at times. Highly underrated IMO, ... now if I can just get them to breed .. lol

post-12-139909861299_thumb.jpg

post-12-139909861301_thumb.jpg

post-12-139909861305_thumb.jpg

post-2255-139909849721_thumb.jpg

post-2255-139909849726_thumb.jpg

post-2255-139909849731_thumb.jpg

Just for my own curiosity and knowledge gain... the girls in the pics above are considered to be 'good' colour. Is this correct?