Boy or Girl pt2

CNgo2006

Hi guys,

Didn't want to steal Rob's thread so started one of my own...

Here a few pics best I can do with the camera I got...the antenna is around 1and 1/3 body lengths...Been feeding blood worms and brine shrimp but no sign of a saddle developing

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

I'm just not sure??? What do you guys think???

can you try get a close up pic full side on like the last one.

ATM would lean towards possible male but in the first pic sorter suggests female

Fooled you guys it is just a SW with a bit of blue Krylon paint. LOL! I'm thinking it may be a girl as well but she just won't saddle up for me! Why, why won't she listen to me...WHY? I know patience is key right.

Pretty sure she's a girl..... just be patient, as long as she's eating well, and getting a variety of foods, she'll soon make you proud I'm sure. Not sure whether it's the pics, but she's looking a little dull. Just check your WP, espacially TDS and GH.

Pretty sure she's a girl..... just be patient' date=' as long as she's eating well, and getting a variety of foods, she'll soon make you proud I'm sure. Not sure whether it's the pics, but she's looking a little dull. Just check your WP, espacially TDS and GH.[/quote']

I just turned the lights on so I can catch her when she is a bit transparent...WP are fine.

Althought I don't believe in using such products

maybe try the breeding liquid ???

I have not used it personally As I have not had trouble breeding

i have heard others have had success

i have also heard that some shrimp have died from excessive amounts added In a short time(he was a noob)

???

I used to use the breeding liquid with great success, but don't anymore, especially with the more exotic shrimps. There are potential dangers/issues, with premature moulting, stress etc, if your female is not ready ...so just be weary of the risk. IMHO, if your WP is fine,just wait.

Thanks for the suggestion but yeah I'd better not risk it...I'll just have to be patient. I haven't had her that long and she still looks a bit young.

i use benibachi breeding liquid on my TB's and it doesnt bother of harm them..

it doesnt seem to help them breed either..lol..

i do get to see them better when there running around crazy though

Im going to say it looks to be a girl. Also when you say antennas 1 1/3 body length, yyou are using the longest set? I like to judge mine using the sort curved upwards set.

I think all the liquid which state that helping breeding MIGHT be misleading. It make shrimp molting faster, make the male more exciting and swimming around.

That's what I know when I doing research AFTER buying Bw Dance....... Correct me if I am wrong :encouragement:

Im going to say it looks to be a girl. Also when you say antennas 1 1/3 body length' date=' yyou are using the longest set? I like to judge mine using the sort curved upwards set.[/quote']

Yep the longest set, following what BB looks at...