Change to RO from tap water

hoang1912

Currently my tank is using tap water (TDS ~55). How can I replace it with RO water + Bee shrimp mineral without effect to my shrimps?

Atm, TDS is 267. I want to reduce TDS to ~120.

Get the water prepared & slowly do 5% water changes over the next few days/weeks till you get to the TDS you want, can't stress enough that you must do it slowly. Also make sure you keep an eye on your other WP's too, just in case. :encouragement:

I am saving for a R/O Unit and tds pen so hopefully i will be doing the same in future to :)

Dean that TDS pen cant check the TDS of water have Sulawesi Mineral 7.5, have to use EC pen. What about Bee shrimp mineral?

For the TDS, maybe I gonna use RO water to reduce the TDS to 120, then adjust the TDS with Bee shrimp mineral. Any suggestion?

If your using RO and saltyshrimp mineral you should be using EC pen not tds..

My recommendation for changing from tap to Ro water is,

Catch all your shrimp and put them in a bag or container.

Remove your tap water completely.

Refill your tank with the RO water and mineral that has been premixed already.

Then add your shrimp back to new tank water in the same way you would acclimatize any new shrimp to your tank.

By doing the slow constant changes gradually converting to the new water, you are stressing the shrimp continually whilst your getting the water changed over.

Shrimp prefer stability! Doing 1 quick change and slowly re-acclimatizing the shrimp like they are new is the least

Stressful and best way to make the change.

Is it better if I change water of my 3ft cycling tank from tap water to RO + salty shrimp mineral?

After that am I have to waiting for cycling? or I have to cycling again from the beginning?