Sign in to follow this  
ineke

purigen

Squiggle

Noodles to that, lol :smiley_simmons:

CNgo2006
Yeah I've been is some serious arguments on another forum with people who swear by Macropore but they haven't ever used Purigen' date=' It's like saying tomatoes taste like crap without ever eating one, lol. It was definitely a silly argument to be in, I just gave up in the end. :dejection: Don't get me wrong, Macropore is a good product but nowhere near as good as Purigen. :encouragement:[/quote']

What the hell are you talking about squiggle...? Macropore is heaps better, purigen ......gotcha! Only joking dude!

Squiggle

Too funny Chi, I started reading your post & thought "here we go again" lol, you got me good dude, hahaha :smiley_simmons:

torface

I just bought "the bag" for my purigen... dam those things are expensive!!!

But otherwise, so far, the purigen gets the thumbs up from me!

Also, good to hear you can't overdose as I just put a whole load of the stuff in my 30l tank lol:)

ineke

I was told that fine stockings are good as a bag might be worth a try I always make my own carbon bags and they work great- stockings and a rubber band or if I'm really industrious sew it closed

2OFUS

Better off buying the purigen bags

As bleach will destroy most material when soaked for along time

Squiggle

In case you didn't know Ineke, the 100ml pack comes in a bag :victorious: & yes I had a brand new one lying around at home still in the pack, I actually have two :dejection:

image-74_zpsc9ce3272.jpg

torface

Yes but the 250ml doesn't come in a bag as i learnt :P

Before i bought "the bag" i used a filter sock which appears to be made out of the same stuff as the bag. Just chopped it off the plastic bit and wrapped it up with an elastic band...

Squiggle

Very cool idea, I like your thinking :encouragement:

OzShrimp
I was told that fine stockings are good as a bag might be worth a try I always make my own carbon bags and they work great- stockings and a rubber band or if I'm really industrious sew it closed

while your at it my car seat needs some sewing done to it to :P

ineke

Haha I have a sewing machine thats about 10 years old and been used once. I don't sew really only just enough to close the bag

ineke
In case you didn't know Ineke' date=' the 100ml pack comes in a bag :victorious: & yes I had a brand new one lying around at home still in the pack, I actually have two :dejection:

image-74_zpsc9ce3272.jpg

Glad to hear it comes in a bag

ineke
Better off buying the purigen bags

As bleach will destroy most material when soaked for along time

I was going to split the purigen up and use it in several tanks as they all have small amounts of water in them. So I will try the 100 ml first and if it works will buy a larger amount for my other tanks -it would work out quite expensive if I had to buy lots of bags. Can cut the stocking open and put the recharged purigen into a new one if it is affected by the bleach. A bit of extra work but it should work.