New shrimp

ineke

• HOF Member

I know Dean has been especially generous to us all with his sale and extra shrimp But oh it is so nice to sit here and watch a tank with a lot of happy shrimp swimming and grazing. It's been so hard for me to see the few shrimp that I had in each tank and now with some rearranging of my tanks and shrimp types I have 3 tanks seething- well not quite with shrimp that I can see. I got some beautiful rillis from Dean to add to the 6 i already had and some of the big girls are saddled. There was a shedded skin in the bag with them- doesn't mean it was one of them but by the way the boys are dancing someone smell nice!!! The girls are all nicely grazing so it's not the water upsetting them. I'm amazed how blue some of these red rilis are- she say's tongue in cheek.

That's awesome Ineke, it always brings a smile to my face seeing the shrimp cruzing around looking for that one girl who's ready to do the mumbo jumbo, lol great work :encouragement:

I see males hanging onto the outside of my shrimp condo trying to get the girls inside lol. Thankfully only elvis is in there :)

• HOF Member

I have this happening nearly everyday in the Red Cherry tank and one of the older girls has so many eggs at the moment I don't know how she moves you can see them all hanging underneath her where there are too many for her to clutch under her poor girl. But they seem to breed so easily I guess you get a bit like oh yeah but as I have only had the reds with babies the other colours are a tad more exciting. I have 1 yellow who should be due any day now but she hides so much I don't even know if she is still holding after her move a couple of weeks ago. My chocolate girl is also still holding after her trip here so thats great too. But no other colours or types have got eggs yet although a few have saddles so to see the new ones very busy is great and Rillis with eggs look awesome so can't wait.!

i had a berried red rili and i have 2 berried sunkist. I can see red cherries in the tank with what appears to be blue gene in them to

• HOF Member

I have quite a few boy rilli and I need to catch out all my boy reds my mind is going do I put my extra rillis in with the reds? Will that cause a problem with the breeding of red- wash out colour etc or is it worth a go? The worst that can happen is I have a lot oF culls for the big tank when they are too big for the fish to eat!